Charlottetown driving itinerary questions

We'll be in Charlottetown in late Sptember and have a car rented. We want to follow an itinery such as this one because we don't have a desire to see Confederate Bridge (driven it actually ... ).

If I just plug the towns into my gps will that get us onto the scenic routes? I'd rather not have to focus intently on a printout. ;)

Our goals are Cavendish, Victoria, a beach or two/lighthouse and of course the country. This itinerary fills those desires, right?

Thanks in advance!

There have been no other responses to your idea so I will try. I lived on PEI during my youth and traveled those roads plus have been back several times over the past 40 years. I suspect this will fill your needs. I suspect that using your GPS as suggested will work. There are limited choices for the GPS to make from one town or village to the next so what you have in mind will I believe be accomplished. The one concern I have is the lighthouse. The ones I can think of along that route are small. Given what I remember, perhaps the lighthouse at North Rustico might be ok. However the best lighthouses are not on this route or even near it.

Thank you both.

LiftLockCouple, are the better lighthouses further east and northwest?

SpokaneDan, good to know you enjoyed this trip. Did you sub Victoria-by-the-Sea for anything else or just head back to Charlottetown instead?

Thank you both.

LiftLockCouple, are the better lighthouses further east and northwest?

SpokaneDan, good to know you enjoyed this trip. Did you sub Victoria-by-the-Sea for anything else or just head back to Charlottetown instead?

Yes. At the tips of the island. I can't think of any in between but it has been a while since I visited them.

SPPUNK:

Did you read the posts titled - Tendering in Charlottetown, Gaspe, Sydney, and Bar Harbour? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874192 is the link. It included info on your request and some other links. The following is a link to lighthouses on PEI - http://www.tourismpei.com/lighthouse-lovers-tour. I don't own a GPS but it should work fine. The highway signage is very prolific and most communities and attaractions are clearly indicated on standard gov't installed roadside signs. It's really easy to get around. Enjoy the Island and welcome.

I spend every summer on PEI and just love the place. PEI has a very informative and easy to navigate tourism website. It divides the Island into sections and gives suggestions for driving in each area. There should not be much traffic in September so driving should be a pleasure. Hope you enjoy a lobster while you are on my favorite Island.

I spend every summer on PEI and just love the place. PEI has a very informative and easy to navigate tourism website. It divides the Island into sections and gives suggestions for driving in each area. There should not be much traffic in September so driving should be a pleasure. Hope you enjoy a lobster while you are on my favorite Island.

Is PEI favorable for biking as well? If so, I have found a place to rent bikes but any recommended biking routes?

I'm looking more forward to the mussels. :)

I'll report back - we all be there Sept 26. I hope it is cool, say 50s to lower 60s. I hate warm weather. :)

Archived