Celebrity Eclipse 14-night Caribbean February 8, 2014

TorontoSailor

Hi everyone!

My partner and I will be on this cruise to escape the dark, cold days that are Canada in mid-February.

It will be our fourth year doing this intinerary and our second on the Eclipse. Loved it last year, and met some great new friends.

Hoping to meet some more this year, too!

We are two professional guys, 39 and 54, from Toronto.

Let us know if you'll be aboard.

• 2 months later...

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Really looking forward to meeting you.

We've done this Southern Caribbean itinerary on Celebrity several times, and find it is an ideal and relaxing way to escape the dull February days in Toronto!

We're super easy-going guys with a great sense of humour. Always happy to meet cool, new people.

Cheers,

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Bill & Dee Ramonas here. We are sailing on the 14 night Southern Caribbean cruise as well. We are looking for some resorts to go to when we arrive in some of the ports. I've read about resorts that allow you to use their facilities, rather than booking tours to go to the beaches. Is anyone familiar with these resorts:), and which ones they are. Please respond. My E-Mail is billdeer@comcast.net. Thanks, and hoping to see everyone in February.:D

Hi! Bill & Dee Ramonas here. We are sailing on the 14 night Southern Caribbean cruise as well. We are looking for some resorts to go to when we arrive in some of the ports. I've read about resorts that allow you to use their facilities, rather than booking tours to go to the beaches. Is anyone familiar with these resorts:), and which ones they are. Please respond. My E-Mail is billdeer@comcast.net. Thanks, and hoping to see everyone in February.:D

Have only ever once booked a day pass on this itinerary and found it kind of disappointing. It was the Hilton in Barbados and it was just ok. There was actually a shortage of umbrellas (they were supposed to be included) and we did not get one. The food was just so-so.

In my opinion, you could probably do better on your own, unless there is some reason in particular that you would like to be at a resort.

Either way, sure you'll have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, my partner Kirk and I will be onboard with two of our best friends who are also another couple. Kirk and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary as well as Kirk's birthday. It will be great fun! We do Kate seating, and can usually be found around the martini bar or wine bar areas... See everyone aboard!

Oh, and for Barbados we usually go to "Harbor Lights" beach. It's close to the ship via taxi and chairs and umbrellas are reasonable. The beach is gorgeous and the water perfect for swimming. It's pretty quiet there. We did the Hilton there once and hated it in comparison.

If there are any other islands that you want beach advice please let me know.

Welcome aboard, Host Joe!

Great that you and your friends will be on board. Really look forward to meeting you guys. Fantastic news!

Anyone from here can email me at wss100 at hot mail dot com, if you would like our coordinates or to arrange a meet up, just to make sure our paths don't cross. Otherwise, we should definitely hook up at first FOD.

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan)

Toronto

Hi guys, my partner Kirk and I will be onboard with two of our best friends who are also another couple. Kirk and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary as well as Kirk's birthday. It will be great fun! We do Kate seating, and can usually be found around the martini bar or wine bar areas... See everyone aboard!

Oh, and for Barbados we usually go to "Harbor Lights" beach. It's close to the ship via taxi and chairs and umbrellas are reasonable. The beach is gorgeous and the water perfect for swimming. It's pretty quiet there. We did the Hilton there once and hated it in comparison.

If there are any other islands that you want beach advice please let me know.

Host Joe:

How would Harbour Lights Beach compare with The Boatyard? Have you been to both?

We hated the Hilton, too. Have also been to one other beach there and it was so-so. Other times we've done snorkelling etc.

Want to hit a great beach this time!

Scott

Host Joe:

How would Harbour Lights Beach compare with The Boatyard? Have you been to both?

We hated the Hilton, too. Have also been to one other beach there and it was so-so. Other times we've done snorkelling etc.

Want to hit a great beach this time!

Scott

We hated the Boatyard. Harbor Lights is the same beach, but about a mile away. The Boatyard is a party spot, and they charge a cover, etc. they have loud music and a party atmosphere. Harbor Lights is just a place to rent a chair and umbrella, a simple beach bar for food and drinks and nice swimming and sunning. So, depending on what you are looking for you might like it.

Hi Host Joe

I think you are talking about Barbados and Joe and I were planning to go to the Boatyard. Now we are rethinking that. We will be on the Eclipse 14 night cruise in April. I'd love to know your plans at each port. Stay in touch.

Steve

We hated the Boatyard. Harbor Lights is the same beach, but about a mile away. The Boatyard is a party spot, and they charge a cover, etc. they have loud music and a party atmosphere. Harbor Lights is just a place to rent a chair and umbrella, a simple beach bar for food and drinks and nice swimming and sunning. So, depending on what you are looking for you might like it.

Thanks for this. You've explained this very well! We'll see what kind of mood we're in that day :) Typically, though, we prefer relaxing to raucous.

• 2 weeks later...

Wishing everyone a safe (and uneventful) trip to FLL.

We seem to have a bit of a snowstorm here today in Toronto, but fortunately it looks like we'll have the all-clear by Friday. Enough winter, already!

See you all aboard. Pleasant travels!

Best,

Scott