Check The Amount Billed to your Credit Card

RD64

I just returned from an overall good cruise on the Breeze. I was checking what the Canadian conversion was on the amount billed to my Sail and Sign card. I am glad that I checked because I found that Carnival charged my credit card a much higher amount than what appeared as the final balance on the morning of debarkation.

I phoned Carnival, and they are looking into it -I also phoned my credit card company to dispute the excess amount. This is the first time this has happened on any cruise, so it might be worth your time to check and ensure the two amounts match up.

On Saturday morning I went to the front desk, to pay a portion off in cash, and all the charges were correct. On the last day, we only used the Sail and Sign card twice - and both those charges appear correctly. We were in bed by eleven, so I am not sure what happened.

Could the difference be the difference in the exchange rate between Canadian Dollars and U.S. Dollars?

We just came back from spending two days in Quebec and two days in Montreal. Our credit card company credited us the difference between the rate of exchange between our two countries. And since the Canadian dollar is worthy more than the U.S. dollar I am thinking that is why you see a bigger difference in your charges.

Thanks for the advice - it is not the exchange -the amount on the Sail and Sign is billed in US dollars - Carnival submitted a completely different US dollar amount, and then AMEX converted it into Canadian dollars. The discrepancy is with the two US dollar amounts...

My wife is having a similar issue with Carnival from our Sensation Cruise from Aug 8-12 Carnival is STILL crediting and debiting her credit card today -- 2 weeks since we got home!! with varying amounts that make no sense -- she is one the phone with Carnival and they say it's the CC companies issue -- and the CC says Carnival is doing something stupid.

we had a problem with carnival cancelling our precruise rooms in barcelona.. it took three months to get the refund.... we still dont know who cancelled them .. it was a mess. it would show the credit pending and then disappear...good luck and dont give up....

Archived