Is the service at EZair personal or more clerical, here is why…………………..

JudithLynne

We have not used EZair. We would like to book a BA (British Airways) flight using EZair for a transatlantic cruise for a more reasonable price. We would like to purchase all 3 seats in a row in the Economy section, but only utilize 2. On the BA website it states that you can book an extra seat “for comfort” but that it has to be done with a phone call to BA: it cannot be done online. Is that something I can expect a booking representative at Princess to do for us?

We have not used EZair. We would like to book a BA (British Airways) flight using EZair for a transatlantic cruise for a more reasonable price. We would like to purchase all 3 seats in a row in the Economy section, but only utilize 2. On the BA website it states that you can book an extra seat “for comfort” but that it has to be done with a phone call to BA: it cannot be done online. Is that something I can expect a booking representative at Princess to do for us?

That should be a call to Princess.

Check the type of plane for your flight. We have "twin seats" reserved for our flight from Boston to London portion. They do cost extra and at the back of the plane. But worth a check on your part before paying for the extra seat.:)

Do a mock booking on your own and see what happens. Sometimes you cannot pick a seat before paying, but worth a shot.:D

I have used EZAir, but as I always book through a Princess Vacation Planner she does all the legwork and has been able to speak with supervisors at EZAir and the inside cruise contact person at the airlines on our behalf. I do not know if calling EZAir directly would be less personal and more clerical, but you should definitely try. I would think that your request constitues a significant deviation from the norm for EZAir and would be subject to the "deviation booking fee" in the unlikely event they would do it for you. I believe it to be unlikely as BA will only sell the extra third seat via direct phone contact with them, but as you are a US resident this flight would be ticketed through AA though operated by BA. (Unless the only BA leg you are looking at is the return flight from Europe after an eastbound TA; you weren't specific in your question). The One World Alliance--through which you would be booked as AA when the flight is operated by a non-US-based codeshare airlline--can be a challenge to confirm your seat assignments through; for this reason I would book directly through BA if comfort is the higher priority over price.

Archived