New to Celebrity

troodles6

Hi,

We have just returned from our first cruise which was with our whole extended family with Royal Carribean. My Mum has now booked a cruise for us for next year with Celebrity and looking at the details I am a bit worried about the suitability for younger kids. The kids will be aged 6,8,10,15,18 and although I'm not concerned about the teenagers I am a little worried about the younger ones. Despite much explanation they are still adamant that they don't want to go in kids club which they perceive to be child care rather than an activity (not helped by Royal Carribean as their kids club did look pretty grim). Can anyone give me any more information on their own experiences please?

Thanks

What time of year are you cruising? And which ship?

Our boys have been on Celebrity with us for a few years now, (they are 10 and 15) and they are not big users of the Fun Factory - although my youngest does choose to hang out there now quite often. They like the arcade room, sports deck, pool, and also, I ensure I research the ports of call and plan stuff to do off ship that they will enjoy - active tours (cycling, rafting, waterparks/beach etc)

I would say not to worry, I am sure they will have a great time! There are a lot of photos etc in my blog (link below) showing our boys and the Celebrity ships if that helps.

Hi,

We have just returned from our first cruise which was with our whole extended family with Royal Carribean. My Mum has now booked a cruise for us for next year with Celebrity and looking at the details I am a bit worried about the suitability for younger kids. The kids will be aged 6,8,10,15,18 and although I'm not concerned about the teenagers I am a little worried about the younger ones. Despite much explanation they are still adamant that they don't want to go in kids club which they perceive to be child care rather than an activity (not helped by Royal Carribean as their kids club did look pretty grim). Can anyone give me any more information on their own experiences please?

Thanks

While Celebrity does offer facilities for children, nothing like RC for younger kids and teens. Any reason you didn't book another RC cruise? We love both Celebrity and RC, but when traveling with kids of all ages, IMO nothing beats the Freedom or Oasis class ships of RC. Disney is also great for the little ones.

If the kids are busy all day- the parents will be happy! Enjoy your cruise!

While Celebrity does offer facilities for children, nothing like RC for younger kids and teens. Any reason you didn't book another RC cruise? We love both Celebrity and RC, but when traveling with kids of all ages, IMO nothing beats the Freedom or Oasis class ships of RC. Disney is also great for the little ones.

If the kids are busy all day- the parents will be happy! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks, the reason we didn't rebook with RC is simply because my mum (who was treating us) simply booked as a surprise. She normally cruises on Fred Olson (without kids) and felt RC lacked a little class compared to them, however I think it is just a different kind of cruise altogether. I'm thinking the kids will hopefully just be happy with the pool which is their favourite part anyway (could save loads of money and take them to the local swimming pool!)

You just need to be concerned about future vacation expections:D

Tell me about it!! So true, I think my dear sweet boys are going to get the shock of their lives when they have to pay for their own holidays! (Although I am rather hoping they will earn enough to take me cruising with them in later years!!)

What time of year are you cruising? And which ship?

Our boys have been on Celebrity with us for a few years now, (they are 10 and 15) and they are not big users of the Fun Factory - although my youngest does choose to hang out there now quite often. They like the arcade room, sports deck, pool, and also, I ensure I research the ports of call and plan stuff to do off ship that they will enjoy - active tours (cycling, rafting, waterparks/beach etc)

I would say not to worry, I am sure they will have a great time! There are a lot of photos etc in my blog (link below) showing our boys and the Celebrity ships if that helps.

Thanks, it was great help reading your blog. I was a little unprepared at ports this year but now think I am going to be better at planning ahead! We are going on Sillhouette in August next year

Tell me about it!! So true, I think my dear sweet boys are going to get the shock of their lives when they have to pay for their own holidays! (Although I am rather hoping they will earn enough to take me cruising with them in later years!!)

She will be on the Reflection with her old Mom & Dad 2 weeks after you!:D

We took our DD on Celebrity for the first time in 1993 when she was 10. After sailing 5 diff lines, and working on ship for RCCL, Celebrity is still her favorite. You just need to be concerned about future vacation expections:D

That is good to know. Yes, they don't realise how lucky they are, fortunately ours still enjoyed a week in Wales too so keeping their feet on the ground

Archived