Mariner 6\26\05 Review

Thanks VikingRob...appreciated your review!

Was there beer sold in these stores or just the "hard" stuff? If beer is sold in the store onboard, do you remember the prices (ballpark)?

Im interrested in that questions also. I drink micalob ultra and doubt if they have that.

event.png

My dad bought some rum at one of the souvenior shops at the port on St. Martin, and didn't have any trouble bringing it back on the ship. He had it stuffed in his backpack, which may have helped, but no one said anything to him. He stuffed it in his suitcase for the trip home.

My dad bought some rum at one of the souvenior shops at the port on St. Martin, and didn't have any trouble bringing it back on the ship. He had it stuffed in his backpack, which may have helped, but no one said anything to him. He stuffed it in his suitcase for the trip home.

People bring alcoholic beverages on board, and usually get away with it. My husband would have too, but I am always nervous about breaking the rules and we just decided to follow them. The alcohol that we bought on St Thomas came to our room on Saturday before we left the ship with no problem. Like we have said before the store on the ship is reasonable also.

Kim

Great to hear about your Mariner cruise! We are planning a Mariner cruise for the same time next year 6/25/06. It will be stopping at Coco Cay which I like better than Nassau. I was wondering if you had any problem with wind and the ship rocking? We went on the Voyager's western route 2 years ago and never felt the ship move. I have been browsing the boards for info on the Mariner and have read a few posts on how windy it was on deck and how people felt the ship rocking. I was wondering if it was because it leaves from Port Canaveral instead of Miami....or maybe the route itself? Did you have any problems with windy conditions on your cruise? Any information would be helpful...thanks.

Ginalou,

I just got off the Mariner Western that was affected by Hurricane Dennis. We were going 3 engines full speed at 25 knots into 70 mph gusts and the ship was pretty stable. You could feel the boat moving but it wasn't as bad as one would imagine. The stabilizers really do work but they don't eliminate all the motion. It was more side-to-side movement than forward-to-aft rocking, if that makes sense. They did tie down all the deck chairs on Deck 12 for two days but you could sit on the pool deck and in the solarium. On the nice days at the beginning of the cruise, I didn't think there was much wind on deck and very little movement of the ship. You will love it! By the way, we are going to be on the June 25, 2006 cruise also -booked while onboard!

Archived