1st Time Visiting Curacao

mcbride114

We will be in Curacao from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on April 12, 2014. It will be our 1st visit, so I want to be able to see the most for our money. We are cruising with Carnival, but I usually book excursions from outside vendors. What are the best things to see in Curacao? It will be myself (52), my husband (47) and my mother (73).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mcbride114

I have used a private tour operator both times I visited Curacao, most recently a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if we can mention names here, but if you would like to e-mail me at jst4fun715 at aol dot com, I will be glad to give you more info. It is a beautiful island!

• 4 weeks later...
I have used a private tour operator both times I visited Curacao, most recently a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if we can mention names here, but if you would like to e-mail me at jst4fun715 at aol dot com, I will be glad to give you more info. It is a beautiful island!

may I email you as I would like to have the info as well?

• 1 month later...

Hope your tour includes one of the cove beaches- if you are interested in swimming and snorkeling.

We have lived in Curacao and would recommend a western tour to see some of the landhouses, the flamingos, the wild landscape, and the cove beaches.

Hope your tour includes those.

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at Trip Adviser it gives great ideas on what is avail

I would suggest a Western Tour plus time in Punda as that is so beautiful

Choose an aircon tour it gets hot and sticky here - and it will make you less tired

There are lots of tour companies doing a variety of things - it depends on whether you are culture vultures, want scenery etc

Try curacao-actief.com. we have enjoyed their tours, and next week's cruise we are trying their snorkelling one! They are very helpful with emailing info while setting up your tour.

The port town itself is very walkable so don't worry about a tour there.