Golden Princess Grand Suite

mlymd

Has anyone ever stayed in the Grand Suite on the Golden Princess? It looks like there is a pool above part of the suite. ? Noise, moving of deck chairs? Thinking of booking this suite for our 25th anniversary. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We stayed in the Grand Suite on the Star. Looks like the same stateroom. No noise problems at all, just the occasional cocktail napkin blowing down from the bar above. Would do it again in a heartbeat, if we ever got a similar price.

Do it!!! you won't regret it.

We stayed in the Grand Suite several years ago right after the refurbishment. It was great - very spacious and nice. We didn't ever notice any noise from above.

For the most part the balcony is private except for the portion by the living room sliding glass door which can be viewed from the pool area above. We had most breakfasts on the balcony. Since it's the aft of the ship, the wind was blocked so it was always comfortable even on windier days.

It was great going to sleep listening to the sounds of the wake - we would leave our sliding door open slightly.

Living room, bedroom, bathroom and walk-in closet - all a nice size and nicely decorated.

There's a table in the living room that's works great either for having friends over for cards or for dinner.

I don't know if it's still there, but on utube there was a video of the room.

For us it was definitely worth the money and I wouldn't hesitate booking this room again.

We stayed a month in the GS on the Star last year and loved it. They say you get spoiled when you go to a suite BUT you really get spoiled after being in the GS. I couldn't sleep one night and was watching tv in the living room around 2:30 am when I heard water running. I looked all over for it and finally figured it was coming from around the dining room chandelier. I was waiting for the water to start dripping down. I decided to go upstairs and see what was going on. A deckhand was washing down the deck around the pool and he was spraying the water over the edge right above our balcony.

Now I understood why our balcony was wet every morning - I thought it rained every evening in the South Pacific. Our furniture pads were always wet early morning and there was all kinds of pieces of "stuff" all over. I asked our steward about all the stuff and the poor guy started cleaning the balcony everyday. I felt sorry for him and I started filling a waste basket with water and rinsing it off myself.

Other than that, we did not hear any noise from above. People did look over the balcony at us but that was mainly on the sailaways.

You must do a balcony dinner or two. And it is a great party room. We had dinner three times a week there. Table has six chairs but you can use the one at the desk and from the bedroom so you can have eight for dinner.

I know you will have a wonderful stay

Archived