ST Paddys day on the Paradise

KNowme1st

So we will be on the Paradise out of Tampa next year for St Paddys Day. 03/17/2014.

What, if anything do they have for St Paddys day, for adults and kids?? !!

Kids 12 yrs old, looking forward to some reason to celebrate it. ;-)

Any one ever been on a cruise that fell on st paddys day?

\

I've also sailed on St. Paddy's Day a time or two, and I agree that there was nothing special going on, except a few more people than usual wearing GREEN. On the other hand, I LOVE "Paradise", and know that you're going to have a GREAT time aboard that ship. The very best crew in the entire Carnival fleet, IMO. ENJOY!

"SKY"

So we will be on the Paradise out of Tampa next year for St Paddys Day. 03/17/2014.

What, if anything do they have for St Paddys day, for adults and kids?? !!

Kids 12 yrs old, looking forward to some reason to celebrate it. ;-)

Any one ever been on a cruise that fell on st paddys day?

\

We were on the legend and our last sea day was St Patricks day. My inlaws, my husband and his brother are Irish, so we went to the dollar tree before the trip and bought all kinds of things to wear (glasses, beads, green hair, etc)

They had this really ugly leprechaun walking around with a photographer, and we got our whole group In with him. They also had props with the photographers you pose with (like a big money bag, a shamrock) so we did some of those. We made it a lot of fun.

To my surprise, a lot of the staff were asking us why we were wearing green. We replied because we were Irish, and one even asked me if they wear green in Ireland? I had no clue and amazingly my inlaws didn't know either. It turned into a discussion within our group that if the whole "celebrate st pattys day" thing is really a morphed American tradition. You'd be surprised the looks you'll get from the staff wearing your green...

We had bought extras and were handing them out to people and staff. Since it was our last night, we usually tip our waiters and his staff extra at dinner to say thank you. We also gave them some of our things and they all put them on. One even commented how he'll save them for next year.

We made it a lot of fun. To my husbands disappointment, there was no green beer. And carnival did nothing really besides the photo people. I was surprised they let our group in the dining room dressed like we were.

Have fun!

Shawn

Archived