Cruise Port Taxi and Hotel - Ft. Lauderdale

BOAZ5

Well, that's quite a crew.

You'll save a bundle by staying at a hotel that offers both a complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle. While the Embassy Suites has a good breakfast, they don't offer an airport shuttle, so my first thoughts would be Hampton Inn-FLL South or Hyatt House which are both adjacent to or across Stirling Road from the Hilton Garden Inn.

I think the Hyatt House would be more enjoyable for you, though, if you can get a decent price on a couple 2BR/2BA Trio suites or one Trio and one Executive Double/Double Studio. All of their studios and suites have full kitchens in them so the refrigerators, extra space and tables would be nice for the blended families and especially kids. They have a nice pool and Burger King, Chipotle, McDonald's and Taco Bell are all very close to the hotel. There's a K-Mart across Stirling Road where you can get chips, water, sodas, wine, etc.

Here's my thoughts on configuration if two Trios are available and affordable...

Trio King BR: Son and DIL

Trio Double/Double: Two Sons

Sofa Sleeper: 1 or 2 kids

Trio King BR: Mom

Trio Double/Double: 3 or 4 kids

Sofa Sleeper: Whoever

If you go with an Executive Double/Double you could configure 1 adult in one bed, two kids in the other bed and maybe another kid or two on the sofa sleeper.

You certainly know your family better than I do, but maybe that will give you something to ruminate on.

Thank you for your suggestions. Fortunately we all like each other.

Thank you for your suggestions. Fortunately we all like each other.

Hyatt House doesn't have very many of the Trio Suites so I would check ASAP and reserve one if the price is reasonable and fits into your budget. The second bathroom, living room and dining area would make it a nice gathering place for your clan. If no Trio is available for your date you might consider three Executive Double/Double Studios if the price is right.

Also, on into Oakwood Mall (farthest restaurant about a half a mile) is Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster. I think the hotel shuttle would probably run you over and/or pick you up.

On the other side of the cul-de-sac from Hyatt House is Hyatt Place. You might check their rate for three suites there. They don't have kitchenettes, but their rooms are oversized with a living area and they have a good breakfast and airport

Scenically speaking, the 17th Street area is nice so if you can get a decent enough price at the Embassy Suites to make up for the cost of the airport shuttle you might consider that as well.

Hyatt House doesn't have very many of the Trio Suites so I would check ASAP and reserve one if the price is reasonable and fits into your budget. The second bathroom, living room and dining area would make it a nice gathering place for your clan. If no Trio is available for your date you might consider three Executive Double/Double Studios if the price is right.

Also, on into Oakwood Mall (farthest restaurant about a half a mile) is Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster. I think the hotel shuttle would probably run you over and/or pick you up.

On the other side of the cul-de-sac from Hyatt House is Hyatt Place. You might check their rate for three suites there. They don't have kitchenettes, but their rooms are oversized with a living area and they have a good breakfast and airport

Scenically speaking, the 17th Street area is nice so if you can get a decent enough price at the Embassy Suites to make up for the cost of the airport shuttle you might consider that as well.

The Hyatt has the trio suites for $409 and the other types of rooms are slightly less. It actually turns out to be about the same price as the Embassy Suites with all added in. Both have a fridge which is good because one of the children is tube fed and her formula has to be refrigerated so either of these places will work for us.

Thanks again.

The Hyatt has the trio suites for $409 and the other types of rooms are slightly less. It actually turns out to be about the same price as the Embassy Suites with all added in. Both have a fridge which is good because one of the children is tube fed and her formula has to be refrigerated so either of these places will work for us.

Thanks again.

Holy frijoles! $409?? What are your dates?

Does anyone have any kind of government ID? Hyatt usually gives a decent Government/Military rate that I used to get at this same Hyatt House before I moved down here. They rarely asked for it at check-in but if they did I would just show them my VA Hospital patient card.

Holy frijoles! $409?? What are your dates?

Does anyone have any kind of government ID? Hyatt usually gives a decent Government/Military rate that I used to get at this same Hyatt House before I moved down here. They rarely asked for it at check-in but if they did I would just show them my VA Hospital patient card.

Date is April 5th. I can get the senior rate which is slightly less.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Check with your credit cards and see who they partner with for some possible discounts. Also look at the Marriott web site, right now if you apply for their credit card ( $85 fee ) they are giving enought point's (50,000) for 2-4 free nights. We used one of the comp's last yr at the Springhill property. They picked us up at the airport, shuttled us to a local resturant and back, breakfast the next morning, then for $10 ea took us to the ship. Well worth the fee for the card.

We have this property booked for one precruise night next April. It was 135.00, free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the cruiseport. Also offers free breakfast. There are some fast food places within walking distance and I do believe some also within walking distance. Good Luck!

Archived