Dining reservation in Breakaway MDR?

karen119

I am traveling with a group of 10 family members on the Breakaway in November and we would like to eat together in the MDR each night. I remember a number of years ago on the Dawn, we had a similarly large party and were able to make a reservation in the MDR each evening. Does anyone know if this is still an option?

TIA! :)

I am traveling with a group of 10 family members on the Breakaway in November and we would like to eat together in the MDR each night. I remember a number of years ago on the Dawn, we had a similarly large party and were able to make a reservation in the MDR each evening. Does anyone know if this is still an option?

TIA! :)

First, are you sure?

I usually find that there's an organizer who makes this assumption that everyone wants to eat together every night. And while the group would be fine with doing this one or two nights, most other nights they'd rather do their own thing at their own time, or in smaller groups. So the table sits half empty and someone usually starts getting upset with the others. Sometimes people will even agree to this arrangement, and really have no intention of following through. This is my experience with both sides of my family...

First, are you sure?

I usually find that there's an organizer who makes this assumption that everyone wants to eat together every night. And while the group would be fine with doing this one or two nights, most other nights they'd rather do their own thing at their own time, or in smaller groups. So the table sits half empty and someone usually starts getting upset with the others. Sometimes people will even agree to this arrangement, and really have no intention of following through. This is my experience with both sides of my family...

Good point. I'm sure there will be nights where we won't all be together, but the purpose of this trip is to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday, so we're going to try our best to at least meet for dinner each night. We'll probably all go our separate ways throughout the day and my DS8 will likely be in the kids club at every opportunity.

Archived