Gluten Free Designation on Menus?

CruisinChic

No, they are not identified on the menu or the buffets.

You should send an email to Special Needs ahead of time saying you need gluten free. Then check in with the Maitre'd the first day to make sure they know. They will have a hostess come to your table each dinner to preorder your dining room food for the next day.

They can make gluten free warm chocolate melting cake every night (except the first.)

Some dishes are naturally gluten free and they can alter some items to make them gluten free for you.

I was provided a Special Needs form to fax in to Carnival(there was no place to record a gluten free diet, so I hand wrote it in a blank space as I was told the form was required), but they sent back a response that basically implied it didn't need to be sent as there wasn't anything they could do from their department! It told me to contact the Maitre'd on board who would let us know what was GF, but "Carnival does not make special GF foods", especially not to expect breads. They "do have pizza" dough though. We have cruised many lines since being diagnosed with Celiac disease, and have never experienced this kind of response. Curious to see what treatment we receive on board:)

quote=D4;39888683]

You should send an email to Special Needs ahead of time saying you need gluten free. Then check in with the Maitre'd the first day to make sure they know. They will have a hostess come to your table each dinner to preorder your dining room food for the next day.

I cruised in April and had no problem eating gluten free. I didn't have to tell them beforehand. On the first day of the cruise I went to the dining room and spoke with the lady in charge of special diets. She gave me a menu for that night and let me order in advance. And I was allowed to get chocolate melting cake the first night! During dinner she came to my table, and I ordered all the meals for the next day except for the ones I planned to eat at the buffet. And they do have gluten free bread, breakfast items, etc. At the buffet there aren't any gluten free labels, but I chose foods that are naturally gluten free. I stayed away from anything with a sauce, though. The pizza place also has gluten free pizza, and you don't have to order in advance, though you have to wait a little longer.

We were on Magic in june 2012 and my gf son was spoiled rotten with gf items. Burger patties, fries, salad and fruit on the lido. Gf pizza. Gf pasta at the italian rest. Gf choices nightly in mdr. Hostess would come every night and get the next nights order. No problems and he didnt get sick. Cant wait to go back in nov.

Archived