Do ships tender in Astoria OR?

We will be on the Sapphire Princess on Oct 1 with the Celebrity Century. According to the Astoria Port website the Celebrity arrives at 9 am at Face 1. Princess will arrive at 10 am and it says Anchor. Our cruise itinerary does not mention Astoria being a tender port but what I've read that Astoria has only room for one ship to dock. Should I expect to tender on that day weather permitting?

Yes, as I recall, there is only dock space for one ship at Astoria. So additional ship(s) do in fact tender.

But I've seen lots of cases (not just related to Astoria) where the actual docking arrangements turn out differently than what was announced on the itinerary, so you might not know which way this will go until the "morning of." I would recommend being prepared for either result.

I'm also on the Sapphire and it'll be my fourth coastal with Astoria as a stop. I have never tendered at Astoria. However we share the port with the Century that day and they arrive first.

The Century is listed as "Face" and the Sapphire is listed as "Anchor" so I guess we'll be tendering. I won't tell DW until that morning.;)

http://www.portofastoria.com/cruise_schedule-2013.html

10/1/2013 CELEBRITY CENTURY FACE 1188609001700

10/1/2013 SAPPHIRE PRINCESS ANCHOR 267010001800

We are on the Century that day and I looked up docking on the cruise calendar website and it indicates that we will be docking and you all will tender. That is the least of the worries. We are Oregonians and it is going to be extremely crowded in that small town that day with two ships in port. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we will not get rained out, Astoria has the most annual rain in the state of Oregon....

Judith

• 4 weeks later...
I'm also on the Sapphire and it'll be my fourth coastal with Astoria as a stop. I have never tendered at Astoria. However we share the port with the Century that day and they arrive first.

The Century is listed as "Face" and the Sapphire is listed as "Anchor" so I guess we'll be tendering. I won't tell DW until that morning.;)

http://www.portofastoria.com/cruise_schedule-2013.html

10/1/2013 CELEBRITY CENTURY FACE 1188609001700

10/1/2013 SAPPHIRE PRINCESS ANCHOR 267010001800

With the rougher seas, we missed Astoria but the Century managed to dock and spend the afternoon there.

Archived