Am I asking for too much

Izziebella

We're flying into Tampa airport, is there a hotel between the airport and the pier that has....

free shuttle from the airport

grocery store within walking distance

free shuttle to the pier

I know, dearest husband already said I'm asking for the moon on a platter. But I thought just maybe I could get lucky and get everything I want.

I do not know of one Tampa hotel that offers everything that you are wanting. I would concentrate on the hotels that have the cruise pkg that include airport shuttle and round trip port shuttles as this is where your savings will come in. With that said, find one that has a courtesy shuttle within a certain radius of the hotel. This way, it will only cost you a tip to the driver to make a quick run for your grocery store items.

Check out the Chase Suites, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn all at the Rocky Point location. All of these hotels used to offer the courtesy shuttle for shopping. I would call all three direct to double check if they still have the same policy.

Chase Suites Rocky Point states they still offer this courtesy: http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/amenities/hotel-amenities.htm

Here are the links for Hampton Rocky Point and Holiday Inn Rocky Point- I would call them to double check on the courtesy shopping shuttle.

Hampton- http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-tampa-rocky-point-airport-TPARPHX/index.html

Holiday Inn RP- http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/tampa/tpaap/hoteldetail

Good luck to you.

:)

As the previous poster mentioned....I would stay in the Rocky Point area.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Rocky Point in December 2011. And it was wonderful. The free shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very efficient and the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port was on time and worked out perfect.

The hotel also provides a shuttle within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. We used this service the day we arrived and went to dinner at Chili's. There was a grocery store and a Walgreens across the street from Chili's

last year we stayed at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I thought it was great . Free shuttle to hotel, free shuttle to pier. On return our flight was early evening. We got hotel shuttle to pick us up at the pier, they then stored our luggage while we went to the nearby mall for lunch. I thought it was great and very reasonable. I would definitely stay ther again if given the chance to cruise out of that area.

In 2012, we stayed at Holiday Inn Express, Rocky Point. We paid for the cruise package rate which gave us the shuttle from airport to hotel, shuttle to the cruiseport AND shuttle from cruiseport back to hotel or airport.

We were very happy with the package. Did not shop for anything and there was nothing within walking distance. We ate next door at Bahama Breeze.

Very nice pre-cruise experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at spring hill suites aug 2010. At that time I believe we had free shuttles from airport, To port and they shuttled us to a nearby store for drinks. The hotel was also located between 2 big malls and they would shuttle you there as well.

Might be worth checking that one out!

Archived