Easy Breezey!! Loved it!!

Mskala

Our vacation was fantastic...everything from our flight to embarkation....I'm not much of a picture person but I will do my best to provide an excellent review..

We awoke early to head to BWI for our 7:30am flight to FLL. We would have flown into MIA but it was significantly cheaper to fly out of BWI to FLL instead. We parked at Econopark Express and they picked us up from our parking space and took us right to our terminal. Very smooth process with no wait for the shuttle at all. When you pull in, they tell you what row to park in and radio the shuttle (the lot is HUGE). They load your bags for you and give you pick up instructions once they drop you off. It was great.

We flew Southwest, which I'd never flown on before, but I checked in at exactly 24 hours before our flight time and we were the first group to board, getting great seats on the plane. Once we arrived at FLL, we were in baggage claim when my phone rang and it was our shuttle driver from SAS Transportation, letting us know that he was outside waiting. Again, no wait at all and I didn't have to call them as they had initially instructed me to do when I made our reservation.

We arrived to the Port of Miami around 11:45 or so, checked in and were on the ship by 1pm. They had already begun boarding when we arrived but we had hardly any wait at all. We did not participate in FTTF so our room wasn't ready but as we only had a backpack each to carry, it wasn't an issue. We headed straight to the Lido Deck for lunch. At my urging, we headed straight to Guy's Burger Joint as I had read so many excellent reviews about it. And they did NOT disappoint at all! I think we ate there at least once a day while aboard the ship. The longest line was at the Mongolian Wok. It was good, but that line was long everyday so we only had it once.

We walked around to get acquainted with the ship's layout, dropped our bags in our rooms around 2:30pm, roamed around some, and then it was time for the safety briefing. This was new for me. I have only been on 4 cruises, all with Carnival, and during the briefings, we'd always gone to our Muster Stations outside near/at the life boats. This time, our Muster Station was in one of the dining rooms. I don't now if all the stations were somewhere inside, but it was better than standing butts to fronts outside then clambering back in after the drill was over. With the Safety Drill finished, we headed back to the Lido for sailaway and a drink.

More later....

Our vacation was fantastic...everything from our flight to embarkation....I'm not much of a picture person but I will do my best to provide an excellent review..

We awoke early to head to BWI for our 7:30am flight to FLL. We would have flown into MIA but it was significantly cheaper to fly out of BWI to FLL instead. We parked at Econopark Express and they picked us up from our parking space and took us right to our terminal. Very smooth process with no wait for the shuttle at all. When you pull in, they tell you what row to park in and radio the shuttle (the lot is HUGE). They load your bags for you and give you pick up instructions once they drop you off. It was great.

We flew Southwest, which I'd never flown on before, but I checked in at exactly 24 hours before our flight time and we were the first group to board, getting great seats on the plane. Once we arrived at FLL, we were in baggage claim when my phone rang and it was our shuttle driver from SAS Transportation, letting us know that he was outside waiting. Again, no wait at all and I didn't have to call them as they had initially instructed me to do when I made our reservation.

We arrived to the Port of Miami around 11:45 or so, checked in and were on the ship by 1pm. They had already begun boarding when we arrived but we had hardly any wait at all. We did not participate in FTTF so our room wasn't ready but as we only had a backpack each to carry, it wasn't an issue. We headed straight to the Lido Deck for lunch. At my urging, we headed straight to Guy's Burger Joint as I had read so many excellent reviews about it. And they did NOT disappoint at all! I think we ate there at least once a day while aboard the ship. The longest line was at the Mongolian Wok. It was good, but that line was long everyday so we only had it once.

We walked around to get acquainted with the ship's layout, dropped our bags in our rooms around 2:30pm, roamed around some, and then it was time for the safety briefing. This was new for me. I have only been on 4 cruises, all with Carnival, and during the briefings, we'd always gone to our Muster Stations outside near/at the life boats. This time, our Muster Station was in one of the dining rooms. I don't now if all the stations were somewhere inside, but it was better than standing butts to fronts outside then clambering back in after the drill was over. With the Safety Drill finished, we headed back to the Lido for sailaway and a drink.

More later....

One of the many reasons we use SAS. Glad you had equally great service.

We'll be on Breeze soon. Can't wait.

We pretty much chilled out after sailaway, roaming around and taking in all the great décor. We had my BF's 11yo daughter so we did make sure she was signed up for Camp Carnival (I have the full 6-day schedule if interested) and headed to dinner at 8:15pm. We ate in the Blush dining room almost every night and I didn't have anything I didn't like. My usual favorites were offered throughout the week at their scheduled times like Strawberry Bisque and Mac n Cheese. And of course, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The prime rib was excellent as well.

Guy's Burgers were GREAT (but I said that already) as was the Sushi. And you MUST go to the pasta bar at Cucina del Capitano! It was FABULOUS!! We didn't do dinner there but had lunch there quite a few times. The only place I missed with Red Frog. I really do wish I'd left room to sample some things on the menu there. We also opted not to do the steakhouse. We just didn't feel like it....LOL.

My BF liked the hot dogs at Sea Dogs. And I did brave the outrageously long line at Fat Jimmy's BBQ on the last sea day but I was disappointed. The pulled port was good and so was the sausage. But I wasn't a fan of the sides (potato salad & baked beans). However, I did go on the last sea day toward closing time. Fat Jimmy's is ONLY open on sea days (our cruise had two) and the first day, the line was so long, I refused to wait. The second day, the food smelled so good, I waited to see if it tasted as good as it smelled. The meats did. The sides, not so much.

The Lido Marketplace (buffet) always had good options. One night, there was a flank steak that was really good. I had that with a big salad and some fruit and I was set for a night of partying! I'm not a big breakfast person but did enjoy an omelet a couple of days. The line did get a little long but the chefs were efficient and we moved along just fine.

I also enjoyed the Punchliner Brunch in the dining room...gosh, I did a LOT of eating!! The comedians only did a 5 minute bit but the Bagel Breakfast was to die for. Bagel, smoked salmon, cream cheese, tomato and onion....It was perfect both days I had it...as were the bloody Mary's...

I frequented the Plaza Café for Mochachino's everyday and the cheesecake a time or two. The service there was great! I was not a fan of the pizza. Not sure why. It just wasn't for me. I think the crust was a bit too thin. But I was pleased to see that they actually used "fresh" dough that they slapped out themselves. BF is a managing partner for Domino's pizza so he was pleased to see this as well.

Up next....port days.

Archived