Should I book Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter through Blue Lagoon website or Disney?

wwforever11

The Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter is $90 pp if booked online through Dolphin Encounters versus $115 pp if booked through Disney website. It appears it is exactly the same except for the price. Can I book it online for cheaper or what would you suggest?:confused:

The encounter is exactly the same, except that if you book directly with Blue Lagoon, you have to get your own transportation to the ferry terminal on Paradise Island ($5 a person).

What hours is your ship in port? If the hours are tight, you might be more comfortable booking through the cruise line. That way you don't have to worry about missing your ship.

Also, Blue Lagoon may not let you book directly if they have a contract with your cruise line. I'm pretty sure you can't book directly if you are on Royal Caribbean. I'm not sure about Disney. You could send them an email to ask.

So, now before I book this excursion....is it really worth it? This will be $460 total for our family of four. I see that it is only about 30 minutes in the water. Do you get to spend some time on the property as well? I know this price is all relative to the cost of our cruise, which isn't cheap either. Just wondering what everyone thinks before I book. Thanks again for your help in advance!

Yes, absolutely worth it! It's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. And remember, whatever you do will be x's 4 so nothing will be cheap.

30 minutes is a good time in the water, plus you have an educational session about dolphins. You also have the lovely ferry ride back and forth to the island. You didn't say what hours you are in port. There is a return ferry at 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock. You can stay on the island until the last ferry if your ship is in port late. We had the 10:30 encounter and came back on the 2 o'clock ferry. That gave us a little time to explore the island and watch the sea lions.

Archived