Dream Tours, no resopnse after 3 attempts to contact.

tradewind2424

Hi Mumsy,

I have been thinking the same thing except there are current reviews on Trip Advisor. I think I am going to find another tour company.

TXS!

Did you check your Spam box.The have been in business for so long and have had nothing but great ratings. They may be on vacation.They check check email like we do over here.Just a thought.

Yes, I did check the spam box. This happened last year with a tour company in Barcelona and come to find out, they had been "hacked" and no messages from the US were getting through. I was finally able to connect with them via Trip Advisor. Very odd. Perhaps I will try a different email address. I have no problem receiving messages from the tour companies in Italy.........

TXS!

Success!

Apparently, their website is not working and messages and requests for tours are not going through. I by-passed the website and sent a direct email and got a return message within a few hours!

Yay!

Yay for you....glad you got through.:D

Thanks Karen,

I thought it was quite odd that they had not responded. The owner was very concerned and glad to be notified. He is going to find out what is wrong with his website connection. I hope he hasn't lost too many customers. They are a really good company and I was so looking forward to touring with them again.

My persistence certainly paid off. Ha Ha

Susan

• 5 weeks later...

Well, just a word to the wise. We have used them four or five times. Before our cruise many people on our roll call were mentioning that they could not hear back from them. On the appointed day for our tour, 2 weeks ago, they did not show up at all. We were left standing on the dock. I finally called after about 45 minutes, got a very rude and arrogant response. In all my various tours over the years I have never had this happen. I will certainly never use them again.

My friend on this cruise used another tour operator and loved them. In fact, it was his driver who was kind enough to get Dream Tours on the phone for me.

I have never posted a negative recommendation before, but I have never run into this kind of arrogance before, either.

Well, just a word to the wise. We have used them four or five times. Before our cruise many people on our roll call were mentioning that they could not hear back from them. On the appointed day for our tour, 2 weeks ago, they did not show up at all. We were left standing on the dock. I finally called after about 45 minutes, got a very rude and arrogant response. In all my various tours over the years I have never had this happen. I will certainly never use them again.

My friend on this cruise used another tour operator and loved them. In fact, it was his driver who was kind enough to get Dream Tours on the phone for me.

I have never posted a negative recommendation before, but I have never run into this kind of arrogance before, either.

Could you tell us what tour company your friend used. We also used Dream Tours in Oct. 2012 and were just in the process of contacting them, but if there are difficulties this year, we would rather try someone else.

Thanks for any information you can pass along.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just want to point out that I did receive a response from Alain of Dream Tours. The reason I could not get through in September was due to a problem with the email system with their website. I sent Dream Tours a direct email and by-passed the website. I receive a very quick response from Alain. I have found Dream Tours to be very responsive and in fact have received multiple emails from Alain about customizing our itinerary and confirming my reservation for next June 2014.

I toured with this company last year. Fred was our driver and we had a fabulous day. Overall, they have also received good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Could you tell us what tour company your friend used. We also used Dream Tours in Oct. 2012 and were just in the process of contacting them, but if there are difficulties this year, we would rather try someone else.

Thanks for any information you can pass along.

Mary

Hi, Mary - My friend used Riviera Premium Tours. He was very impressed with them. Everyone must decide for themselves, of course, but I personally would never use Dream Tours again (although I have used them many times in the past). Getting stood up one time is one time too many, and coupled with the extremely rude response from Alain on the phone when I called him - well, it's never going to happen to THIS chick again!!

Riviera Premium Tour: Anthony DO CARMO

Email: anthony@rivierapremiumtour.com;

Everyone must decide for themselves, of course, but I personally would never use Dream Tours again (although I have used them many times in the past). Getting stood up one time is one time too many, and coupled with the extremely rude response from Alain on the phone when I called him - well, it's never going to happen to THIS chick again!!

Will you share with us what his response was? Why wasn't he there to meet you and what did he say that was so rude? It is very concerning but need to know more details. Thanks!

Will you share with us what his response was? Why wasn't he there to meet you and what did he say that was so rude? It is very concerning but need to know more details. Thanks!

Having recently toured with Dream Tours it is hard to imagine what the OP reported happening. Our experience was very good.

Edited by Charles4515