Cave Tubing in December

MarilynTX

We're taking a holiday cruise on Navigator of the Sea December 29th - January 4th 2014 to Belize. I very much want to cave tube and I'm wondering about the temperatures in December. I've been to Mexico in early January and it was very nice. Will we freeze our chee chee's off? :eek:

We went in June and the water was fresh, but far from cold. Be advised that in rainy season the water is cooler, just ask you guide about it, I do not think however that it gets cold, for us it was more of a refreshing thing after a short jungle hike :)

My family cave-tubed the first week of January in 2011 and 2013. The temperature each time was about 75, which was very comfortable. We were warned that the water temp is "cool", around 70 degrees or so I believe. The milder air temp made the water pretty comfortable. I remember initially being concerned about our butts being cold, but that was not the case. Hope this helps. Bob

PS - cruising again early this coming January and may very well cave tube again. It's a lot of fun.

Archived