doing own laundry on cruise

annamarie0906

We usually do laundry on the ship. We go through a lot of undergarments from working out. ;) Dh and I were on the Splendor in Jan. The only problem we had was the water not draining on one load. They refunded the money. We did laundry twice. We took 3 of the Tide packs you get from Target. They worked well. I also took Snuggle dryer sheets. The w and d are $3 each. Check the dryer times because it's for 90 minutes and they work well. I shared my dryer each time. You may find an empty one with time. We did laundry in the afternoon and early evening. No lines' date=' waits, or problems except the one I mentioned. What deck are you on? I would recommend ironing at once of you need to. It was easier. We ironed dh's dinner shirts together in just a bit.[/quote']

deck 6 I think

I tried one time on the Dream, the line was too long. As such, now I send out the laundry to be done. My DH pays $15 a bag and I usually send out 2-3 bags. The bags I pack as tightly as I can, and I can get almost all of our laundry done by the way I pack. When it comes back, its in triple the amount of bags I sent it off in. I do not want to do laundry on the ship-it's vacay-and I do not want to do it when we get home.

It was a lifesaver on the Dream, when we got home, we were without power for a week due to Hurricane Irene, but at least we had clean clothes!

Archived