Pacific NorthWest Attire

joelmarj

HELP!!!! We sail on August 28th from Vancouver to San Francisco for 6 days. I don't know what to expect as it relates to weather and temperature! Is it rainy season yet for that area? Also, does anyone have any idea of how cool it gets? My reason for posting on the fashion is for help in selecting my wardrobe based on the weather there. I'm thinking cotten slacks and skirts during the day. I don't know if it will be warm enough for shorts during the day. I'm not big on capri's except for the casual kind for knocking around on the weekends (think rolled up cargos, with tank top and flip-flops) I like dressing, and have no problem wearing dresses, skirts, slacks, etc. I'm just not able to think clearly on styles and colors. Would summer colors still be okay? HELP!!!

Jane110, we've chatted before and I think we have very similar styles of dress. Any ideas you can suggest?

(also, it is Celebrity Infinity which is generally a little less casual than some other cruise lines. Its one of the reasons we sail Celebrity)

There are a lot of ways to check the weather. Usually, you can just google "weather" and the city, any you'll find several websites that will give you weather history for a specific date for that city. Then you'll be able to make an informed judgment.

Light layers and don't forget the raingear! I would check the weather online for each port/each day right before leaving. San Francisco can be very cool any time of the year. Vancouver, on the other hand, was warm and sunnyl last year the third week in August, shorts would have been fine. I hope you're going a day or two early to visit Vancouver, it is a wonderful city.

You will love Infinity, she is a beautiful ship. I would call the style of dress in the evening as understated elegance, not flashy. During the day onboard, slacks are fine, but you would not feel out of place in jeans, either.

Thanks for the replies. I checked and the weather is going to be around mid 60's during the day, and cooler at night. (Celebrity actually has the weather information for every port on their site) So that still doesn't help my dilema, too cool for shorts I'm thinking. I'm just not sure about wearing jeans. Maybe during the day. I do wear the one "much debated" dressy jeans with tops and shoes so I'd probably be ok with that during the day. (I promise I won't wear them in the dining room :rolleyes: ) We aren't going to do much in the ports so walking around I won't really need hiking shoes or anything like that. More likely to dress more "cosmopolitan" for walking around the city.

Happy KS - I've been on the Millenium, her sister ship and actually have the Constellation booked in November. All I'm missing is the Summit and I've got the whole family done! Guess I'll have to try to the C-Class next! I love the style and level of class on Celebrity, which was why we chose it. If we were going on something like Carnival or RCCL, I don't think I'd worry too much about attire, I'd be fine. This one just stumps me for some reason. Cold I can figure out, warm I can figure out, that in between is tough. Layers sounds like the way to go.

Archived