Disney Dream Alert Notes! Just returned...

e2011

We just finished the 9/19 sailing on the Dream. We were in cabin 12504, a concierge level family veranda cabin. A couple alert notes on this cabin. First the A/C in this room is marginal to poor. We had a service tech check it and replace the filter but if the room was in the sun, we could not cool it down to a comfortable level until around 2 AM! That was running at full cold on the thermostat. The other 3 cabins we have had on this ship were much different. Running on full cold you could hang meat in the room after 2 hours. Something is definitely wrong with 12504. Also this cabin and its twin 12004 have 1/2 the normal balcony space due to the curvature of the ship. You actually lose about 3 feet of depth on the balcony. You get two chairs only instead of a lounge because a lounge will not fit. Also of note is of the 3 concierge staff, 2 were spectacular and gets five stars! One was not the best and may be better suited in another position on the ship.

We just finished the 9/19 sailing on the Dream. We were in cabin 12504, a concierge level family veranda cabin. A couple alert notes on this cabin. First the A/C in this room is marginal to poor. We had a service tech check it and replace the filter but if the room was in the sun, we could not cool it down to a comfortable level until around 2 AM! That was running at full cold on the thermostat. The other 3 cabins we have had on this ship were much different. Running on full cold you could hang meat in the room after 2 hours. Something is definitely wrong with 12504. Also this cabin and its twin 12004 have 1/2 the normal balcony space due to the curvature of the ship. You actually lose about 3 feet of depth on the balcony. You get two chairs only instead of a lounge because a lounge will not fit. Also of note is of the 3 concierge staff, 2 were spectacular and gets five stars! One was not the best and may be better suited in another position on the ship.

Interesting, on the Fantasy in 12012 our room would cool very quickly in fact had to reduce it, I recall my camera etc would *dew* when we went on the verandah as the temp difference was so much.

This is a photo on the chairs on ours.

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY060-3.jpg

We had 12014 on the Fantasy which is also a 1-Bedroom right next door to the room you had! Like I said in my post, you could hang meat in that room if you left it on full cold! And that was the same situation on our other rooms on the Dream as well. This is the first time we had a problem on any cruise ship with air. Maybe the entire air handler in in 12504 is on the blink...

We had 12014 on the Fantasy which is also a 1-Bedroom right next door to the room you had! Like I said in my post, you could hang meat in that room if you left it on full cold! And that was the same situation on our other rooms on the Dream as well. This is the first time we had a problem on any cruise ship with air. Maybe the entire air handler in in 12504 is on the blink...

I had it once on the Magic they repaired it as soon as we told them on embarkation, and this year on the Wonder, one of our phones kept going off without anyone there so they also repaired that in a few minutes.

We have 12014 & 12016 July 26,2014 I hope we do not have any trouble with the A/C

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

• 7 months later...

Just a note on balcony size. 12004 and 12504 actually have the normal, standard-sized balconies you'd get in any other Cat V room. It is small compared to the extra-long balconies in the "bump-out" rooms located next to it.

This is a really great thread with pictures and stateroom numbers, that shows the sizes of the verandahs......a quick glance shows how much smaller 12504 & 12004's verandahs are.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763&highlight=disney+dream+aft+balconies

They only look smaller due to the bump out next door. The verandas are the same size as the other Cat Vs - just not as big as the bump out. It's the angle of the port side picture that makes it look smaller. The starboard side photo shows it better.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/414aa1a2-1.jpg

Edited by AliceIn

They only look smaller due to the bump out next door. The verandas are the same size as the other Cat Vs - just not as big as the bump out. It's the angle of the port side picture that makes it look smaller. The starboard side photo shows it better.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/414aa1a2-1.jpg

I was comparing them to the ones in the bump-out, which are Cat V 12008, 12010, 12508 and 12510. There's another thread running now that talks about how much more desirable these are, and how quickly they sell out.