Orlando Late departure

seattleny

Getting off cruise on 11/9 and flight is @ 8pm. done space center; carnival excursion to epcot is 10 hrs-2 close; wondering doing epcot on our own - does anyone know how far MCO is from epcot; is taxi available from epcot to airport? 2 people..any suggestions..thanks:) besides rental car options.

Getting off cruise on 11/9 and flight is @ 8pm. done space center; carnival excursion to epcot is 10 hrs-2 close; wondering doing epcot on our own - does anyone know how far MCO is from epcot; is taxi available from epcot to airport? 2 people..any suggestions..thanks:) besides rental car options.

It's been years since I've had to fly into MCO but I want to say the airport is about 45 minutes to the park.

Epcot will be PACKED because it is right in the middle of the Epcot Food & Wine Expo which I think is a Do Not Miss experience.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

I would totally do this.

Have you totaled up the price to see if it would be worth doing this for about half-day? If you're flight is at 8pm, you need to be there at least 2 hrs before....honestly, at MCO, I'd be there 2 1/2 hrs before the flight. You would need to leave Epcot around 4:30 or 4:45.

I don't recall seeing taxis waiting at Epcot, so if there aren't any, you would need to call for one and hope they are on time. I would think renting a car would be cheaper transportation by the time you pay for taxi from the port to Epcot and then Epcot to MCO.

I lived in Orlando for several years and frequented all the parks with my (then) young children. WDW has millions of visitors every year and the whole process of getting into their parks is seamless, even though it seems intimidating to visitors.

You can definitely do Epcot in a day. I would use a local shuttle company. Compare them on tripadvisor.com. If you disembark by 8am, you will be at Epcot by 9:30 and will have until 5 pm to explore the park. More than 7 hours is more than enough time to have a fun day at Epcot, especially during the festival. MCO is about 35-45 minutes away using the 417 Tollway.

According to the itinerary, you do not even arrive back to PC until 8am, so, it could be 9am or later before you get off the ship. Then add at least 1 1/2 hours (time to get to Epcot and actually get into the park). Driving time is closer to an hour from PC. So, by now, it may be 10am or after.

Keep in mind too, since the festival will be going on, it will be extremely crowded, which also means longer lines for everything.:)

The 45 minute driving estimate was from EPCOT to MCO. It is about 1 1/2 hour from PC to Epcot. Many ships set a later time for port arrival but get in earlier. However, even if you get to Epcot at 10 am (which may even be when they actually open, so check their website) you'll still have 7 hours. Avoid the longest lines and strategically use the Fast Passes to get the most out of your day. It can work if you relax and don't anticipate the worst. I've never spent more than 6-8 hours at Epcot and I've walked through the countries 2-3 times. It is a unique theme park very different from the other WDW parks.

According to the itinerary, you do not even arrive back to PC until 8am, so, it could be 9am or later before you get off the ship. Then add at least 1 1/2 hours (time to get to Epcot and actually get into the park). Driving time is closer to an hour from PC. So, by now, it may be 10am or after.

Keep in mind too, since the festival will be going on, it will be extremely crowded, which also means longer lines for everything.:)

They have plenty of time for Epcot and The World Showcase.

It isn't like they are going to the Magic Kingdom.

They have plenty of time for Epcot and The World Showcase.

It isn't like they are going to the Magic Kingdom.

Did you see my 1st post? I never said they don't have time. Yes, I understand they have time, but the point I was just wanting them to figure out for themselves was, is it worth the price for the amount of time they will be able to spend? I would never pay $90 a person to do one park and not even have a full day there. (We only park hopper passes when we go). They will not have a full day there, so they just need to be aware of that if they choose to do the park.

The Op can certainly do as they choose. Just wanted to make sure they think their potential plan through to avoid missing their flight.

The 45 minute driving estimate was from EPCOT to MCO. It is about 1 1/2 hour from PC to Epcot. Many ships set a later time for port arrival but get in earlier. However, even if you get to Epcot at 10 am (which may even be when they actually open, so check their website) you'll still have 7 hours. Avoid the longest lines and strategically use the Fast Passes to get the most out of your day. It can work if you relax and don't anticipate the worst. I've never spent more than 6-8 hours at Epcot and I've walked through the countries 2-3 times. It is a unique theme park very different from the other WDW parks.

Their flight is at 8pm, so there's no way they could stay at Epcot until 6pm.

Did you see my 1st post? I never said they don't have time. Yes, I understand they have time, but the point I was just wanting them to figure out for themselves was, is it worth the price for the amount of time they will be able to spend? I would never pay $90 a person to do one park and not even have a full day there. (We only park hopper passes when we go). They will not have a full day there, so they just need to be aware of that if they choose to do the park.

The Op can certainly do as they choose. Just wanted to make sure they think their potential plan through to avoid missing their flight.

They weren't asking whether or not you would do this or whether or not it was worth the money.

They wanted times and transportations options other than rental cars.

Archived