What to wear to Dinner?

wwforever11

On the dream on short cruises they are not too formal, there isn't any formal night but on a four night there is a dress up night. Young boys say below ten, it doesn't really matter, , most of the time it will be cruise casual, they do allow shorts now, smart jeans are also ok. People dress nice but not over the top.

Disney recently changed their policy and dressy shorts are suitable for dinner in the dining rooms. For you, dresses and capris are fine.

As far as I know, DCL hasn't said only "dressy" shorts. Shorts (of all kinds) are allowed.

No swimsuits, tank tops or flip flops.

Anything else is fine.

To give a steer, people overall do go for the more, cruise casual, a bit smarter than you wear at home, the clothes you may wear to visit someone's house for a nice meal. Until recently shorts were not allowed.

Words like dressy, and very smart do describe the general feel in the meals at dinner.

Most dress up a bit, they make an effort, nothing wrong if you do not.

Girls in Princess dresses boys like woody, it's all fun and adds to a great feel.

Pool shorts really are a no no, nice cargos or young peoples shorts are becoming acceptable.

It's not really a bit thing, there are guidelines, but I have seen a guy turn up yo dinner in no more than a string vest and old pants, well he enjoyed himself, he wasn't turned away.

Palo and Remy will advise you what to wear.

My girls always wear a sun dress, I wear either a sun dress or capris. Dh and my older son wear Dockers Khakis with collared shirts, Ds3 wore Disney short/t/polo sets. On formal night, my guys wore long pants with a shirt/tie. Pirate night, they wore shorts.

I saw a few men in suits for formal and semi-formal nights.

Pretty much whatever you're comfortable in.

We dress for dinner, business causal for dh-Khakis, button down shirt, belt, dress shoes. Skirt/dress/black dress pants, jewelry, and black slip on shoes (yeah, I only wear one pair...), DD was in a dress and black shoes, minus on pirate night, she wore jeans, red/white strip shirt, bare feet (pirate kids don't wear shoes!) and her DI charm bracelet.

Formal night, tux for dh, black dress for me, formal dress for dd.

(Dh wears jeans to work, I wear pj's and yoga pants if I get dressed, so we enjoy wearing our nicer clothes.)

As far as I know, DCL hasn't said only "dressy" shorts. Shorts (of all kinds) are allowed.

No swimsuits, tank tops or flip flops.

Anything else is fine.

There is no rule against flip flops outside of the adult only restaurants. The restriction is swimsuits and tank tops. They don't restrict a lady in a top with spaghetti straps; they do restrict those tops which look like undershirts. And you are correct that there is nothing that says "dressy" shorts. They removed the "request" to not wear shorts and said nothing about the type or length of shorts.

The above posters are correct that short cruises have no "formal" night. One night is designated "Dress up optional" which means exactly that--basically anything goes!

I have seen people show up in obvious swimwear at lunch and be asked to return to their room to change or grab a cover-up.

We've seen some pretty gross undershirt looking things in the dining rooms at dinner, and nothing was said. However. we've also seen some female persons in outfits that barely covered their "parts" and nothing was said by CMs. Some of the young people in our group whispered a few interesting comments to each other though!

On a similar note, we've seen some pretty rude, inappropriate behavior after a significant amount of alcohol had been served....again, no action from DCL even though (in my opinion), they were behaving abusively toward the server.

Q:

What should I wear to dinner?

A:

The dress code for dinner varies by the venue or theme night of your cruise. In general, most meals are "cruise casual"—no swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with optional opportunities to get dressed up for a special family photo. Here's a breakdown of events by cruise itinerary:

On 3-night cruises:

•One cruise casual night—No swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One "optional dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

•Final night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One themed night (pirate, tropical or other themed deck party)

•3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops

•One formal and one semi-formal night—two great opportunities to dress-up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend: Dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

Dress code at Palo:

•Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)

•Women: Dress or pantsuit

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy:

•Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional.

•Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Archived