Exactly Where To Go In Playa??

lilmsonry

Need help here please. We want to just beach it in playa, but, does it matter where you go to do that. Is it just one long beach and you can go anywhere? In front of anthing? Without anybody saying you can't stay here? Please clue me in here, need to know what to expect. How are the vendors here, pushy? Thanks alot and all help is appreciated!:)

Hola,

My only stop in Calica, we booked a beach break through Carnival. 4 hours on a private beach with water toys and an open bar. Life is good.

Now with 2 more cruises under my belt, I can see where it is a lot cheaper to book through an independent. Either way, it is worth the money to have a private beach. Less people and better service.

Do google for calica beaches and read these boards. Lots of info.

Hola,

Playa is nice and the beach where we were was absolutely gorgeous. I envy you, my friend, but I don't get to go on another cruise until Jan.

183 days if I am not mistaken.:D But who is counting?

clackey,

You can't envy me pal, I see those 4 cruises you have taken!! Did you notice my signature, 1st cruise!! Gosh, I know this could be my addiction in life and I haven't even went yet!! Later friend!:D :D

clackey,

You can't envy me pal, I see those 4 cruises you have taken!! Did you notice my signature, 1st cruise!! Gosh, I know this could be my addiction in life and I haven't even went yet!! Later friend!:D :D

Hola Lil,

Congrates on the first cruise. I hope that you become as addicted to them as we have. Do a google on Playa del Carman beaches. There is some neat stuff there.

I usually spend a few weeks a year in Playa and I agree with the above poster that Mamitas is a great beach club. There are actually two clubs right next to one another. You can lay around all day and waiters will bring you buckets of Corona or anything you wish. Great food too! The beach is beautiful in that area. Just grab any cab at the pier and tell them to take you there. I am certain they will know the spot!!

We took a taxi to town, walked 5th Ave checking out the shops and ended at North Playa, at Mamitia's Beach Bar where we rented beach chairs. Some day we'll return and do the same!

http://www.locogringo.com/research/beaches/playadelcarmen.html#mamitas

I like the aerial views on that site:

http://www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/148a-t.html

Archived