Many thanks to Stephen Payne

capnpugwash

I just wanted to express my gratitude to Mr Payne for taking the time to answer our various questions. I tried to post this in the sub forum for him but the mods wouldn't allow me to do so. Your answers were very helpful.

I join capnpugwash in expressing thanks to Mr. Payne.

I also tried to post a question, but was unsucessful. Perhaps I was not doing it correctly? Anyway, there is my question:

Hi Mr. Payne. Last week on QM2, I had several discussions with fellow passengers about the "sinkholes" we encountered on Deck 2; the large one on the approach to the Pursers Desk is apparently a real conversation starter. These depressions have also been discussed recently on this forum, and so I've encountered several differing theories as to the origin.

Can you tell us the definitive cause of these "sinkholes"? Why has this problem reoccurred after the situation was believed to have been corrected during the 2011 dry-dock? When and how will repairs be made?

I apologize for asking so many questions, but my curiosity is piqued.

Thank you for your anticipated reply.

Regards,

Salacia

Yes , Mr .Payne was very informative. My question about the QM2 as an ocean liner, was never answered,since some one beat me to the questioning. I did get the answer.

I posted a 2nd question about the Draft of the QM2 and it went into the folder

of another cc member. I then received a message that I am unable to post any questions to Mr. Payne (there was a list of things).

Strange

I just wanted to express my gratitude to Mr Payne for taking the time to answer our various questions. I tried to post this in the sub forum for him but the mods wouldn't allow me to do so. Your answers were very helpful.

Seconded and how lucky are we to have such eminent folks come onto this forum and answer such interesting questions.

Thank you Mr Payne and thank you Cruise Critic for arranging this.

John

What a wonderful opportunity. There is rarely time for a Q&A on board and now some of the design rational was clearly explained.

We now also know for sure that Queen Mary 2 is indeed an ocean liner.;)

Thank you, capn, for starting this thread.

Am just playing catch up with his answers but I now know for sure

that the crew doesn't have a pool and that QM2 is a true ocean

liner no matter where she sails...never had a doubt but it was

good to read that Mr. Payne doesn't have a doubt either :D

Thank you, Mr. Payne, again for the lovely QM2.

best regards,

seasidegal

Archived