Going to the Isle of Pines? Can you help me?

taffy62

I just returned from my P&O holiday.

During a visit to the Isle of Pines, one of the first market stalls you pass had a cook book for $30 on all the island type recipes.

I was going to buy it on my way back to the ship but forgot:(

I was wondering if anyone see's it on their trip can you let me know the title of the book please as I was thinking I may be able to find it on the net.

Hope you can help Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for that :) I know its a long shot I cant even remember the title :( May have been holiday or island something and I only saw the one copy so don't know if they may have had some more somewhere. The stall was facing you as you came off the jetty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll be there November 27. I can buy you one if you like?

Oh that is so nice of you :) I cant even think of what it was called to help you only that I flicked through it and there was recipes of what they cook on the islands similar to Thai cooking using coconut milk chicken and seafood :)

Oh that is so nice of you :) I cant even think of what it was called to help you only that I flicked through it and there was recipes of what they cook on the islands similar to Thai cooking using coconut milk chicken and seafood :)

No problem, if I see something like that I'll get it and let you know :)

Oh Thank you so much :) What cruise ship are you going on? Have a great time! I'm sure you will. The Natuaral aquarium is beautiful at the Isle of Pines or even just relaxing at the bay where the ship docks... Drinking coconut water straight from the coconut is awesome as well :)

I just returned from my P&O holiday.

During a visit to the Isle of Pines, one of the first market stalls you pass had a cook book for $30 on all the island type recipes.

I was going to buy it on my way back to the ship but forgot:(

I was wondering if anyone see's it on their trip can you let me know the title of the book please as I was thinking I may be able to find it on the net.

Hope you can help Thanks in advance :)

Hi Taffy,

The book was called Cuisine de nouvelle Caledonie,

the only reason i remebered to look as someonelse on here asked the same question but I was unable to find the thread to post the reply, the book was priced around $40 from memory

Hope that helps Maree

Hi Taffy,

the only reason i remebered to look as someonelse on here asked the same question but I was unable to find the thread to post the reply, the book was priced around $40 from memory

Hope that helps Maree

OH Awesome :) Thankyou very much I will google it see if anything comes up

No luck getting it on net. At least I have a name now and I'm sure I will go back to the island one day if thendrinkitallup is unable to find it. Please dont go to too much trouble and have a great holiday :)

I am keeping my eye out for another bargain cruise in feb march next year don't know where yet most prob the queensland or new zealand one or I don't even mind if its back to the islands any cruise is a good cruise especially if its cheap enough :)

Hi Taffy,

Hope that helps Maree

Pretty sure I saw this book at the market on top of the Noumea port side shops last week. Thought it was odd that they were selling a book, actually several, that weren't in English when they would have known what ship was there.

Maybe someone could look there as well for you.

Thanks for that. No the one I saw was in English. But there was only one on the table so don't know if they had more or if it was an odd one

It would have to be in English I cant read french lol

they have that book on ebay but its in french

Thanks for that. No the one I saw was in English. But there was only one on the table so don't know if they had more or if it was an odd one

It would have to be in English I cant read french lol

I've obviously subscribed to this thread....let us know if someone else finds one first....February seems so far away!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I found your book on Isle of Pines three days ago.

Unfortuneately, we did not have enough money left to buy it for you and there wasnt time to return to the ship for more.

The book however is called Easy Cuisine New Caledonia.

The ISBN is 2-908186-36-9

The number under the ISBN barcode is 3700051802345.

Sorry we couldnt pick it up for you but I hope this helps.

Hi, I found your book on Isle of Pines three days ago.

Unfortuneately, we did not have enough money left to buy it for you and there wasnt time to return to the ship for more.

The book however is called Easy Cuisine New Caledonia.

The ISBN is 2-908186-36-9

The number under the ISBN barcode is 3700051802345.

Sorry we couldnt pick it up for you but I hope this helps.

I've written the details down. I'll look in February.

Oh thank you all you kind people many thanks Tomo72

I have googled everything and cant come up with the book so it looks like the only place to get it is the Isle of Pines.

Thank you Jennyau also, lucky you going in Feb. We went last Feb it was beautiful the sea and air temp was 26 degrees!

We also went back in Aug. I love the Isle of Pines.

Hoping Santa may bring me a very nice present and that we may go back next year too.

I wish everyone a lovely Christmas and hope 2014 will be a great year for all :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've obviously subscribed to this thread....let us know if someone else finds one first....February seems so far away!

Hi jennyau

I so excited I just booked up another cruise going back to the Isle of pines in 4 weeks time on Pacific Pearl again got same cabin as last time so I will get the cook book if I see it