2015 River Cruises - Uniworld

Cruisenmike711

Hello! My wife and I are lining up our trips for the next two years, and are interested in a river cruise on the Danube and an extended stay in Prague for spring 2015. I know I'm very early, but was wondering when these itineraries usually go up online? Can I look at the 2014 itineraries online to get a general sense of what may be on offer or is there a substantial difference from year to year?

Hello! My wife and I are lining up our trips for the next two years, and are interested in a river cruise on the Danube and an extended stay in Prague for spring 2015. I know I'm very early, but was wondering when these itineraries usually go up online? Can I look at the 2014 itineraries online to get a general sense of what may be on offer or is there a substantial difference from year to year?

For the past three years, I have gone on-line and ordered the brochures (books, actually) from AMAWaterways, Uniworld, Avalon and Tauck.

From my experience, the itineraries don't change much, if at all.

I think it is safe for you to look at 2014 cruises and get a very good idea of what to expect for 2015. Other than dates, I don't think much changes.

Have fun planning your Danube cruise. We did that one in August, and it is amazing! If you can spend additional time in Budapest AND Prague, I highly recommend it.

We actually went to Vienna for a few days, took the train to Budapest, stayed there 3 days and then embarked on the river cruise. We ended in Prague and stayed there for 4 days.

Enjoy!

This happened to us when we booked our first Danube cruise. DH wanted Bratislava on the itinerary. We booked before the brochures even came out - as we knew itinerary and dates. When the brochure came out, Bratislava was off the books. The feedback they had received indicated that many people felt that they would prefer more time in Vienna - so they dropped the stop in Bratislava to accomplish that.

Uniworld was very good and did refund our deposit - as the cruise was different than what we had booked. We ended up on AMA instead.

Fran

Edited by franski

We just returned from a Uniworld Danube cruise. Even though they had dropped Bratislava as a port stop, they offered an optional tour there. The optional tour was also an extra expense.

Our first day from Budapest was a sailing day. The boat stopped about 1pm and let those of us who wanted to go to Bratislava off. The others sailed on to Vienna. We were taken to Bratislava by bus and then had a very nice tour of the historic areas of the city. Then we were taken by bus to a restaurant outside of Vienna for dinner and rejoined the ship in Vienna about 8pm. Enjoyed the Bratislava tour very much. The restaurant was so so!

• 4 months later...

We're getting ready to depart on our second Uniworld Cruise (Majestic France). My advice to anyone booking a river cruise.... don't wait, book it as soon as the booking opens. Remember there are only 60 - 70 cabins on these ships so they go fast. Uniworld just opened booking for 2015. We booked and paid in full for this current cruise over a year ago on the first day they opened the booking. There are very few lower cost cabins so the earlier you book the better selection of cabins. The biggest discounts are also usually the first ones they offer (pay in full or early booking). Yes the itinerary my change slightly as the cruise year progresses but I don't think you will be disappointed. Last year we missed going on a cruise altogether because I waited too long to book, I won't make that mistake again.

Also: go to the Uniworld website frequently. Uniworld does not do a lot of mailings or emails. So the only way to find out what is new or special discounts is to check their website or your travel agent.

pmbank

• 1 year later...