Are Sofa beds comfortable on Solstice Class ships

Aussie Claire

I love reading and spent a couple afternoons reading/snoozing on the sofa bed in our concierge class cabin aboard Solstice. It was quite comfortable and large enough for the average adult.

Are the convertible sofa beds on the Solstice Class ships (Equinox) comfortable and suitable for an adult to sleep on.

They are just like pull out beds in sofas.............You can make your judgement from that.....

If you do not pull them out,they are very 'slick" for sleeping. Just observing...................

Thank you everyone for your comments and photo's.:)

We are in Concierge and the sofa bed will be for an adult lady approx. 5'6" tall and of average weight. Do they need to pull the sofa bed out of will they just make up the top of the divan/lounge. I presume the sofa bed/divan lounge is filled with foam rubber under the leather outer cover?

I think I will ask for the egg crate topper to make it more comfortable. I used one of these toppers on a single bed on the Diamond Princess some years ago, I found the bed to be very hard, the topper was a great help.

I feel sure that with only one person, the divan/lounge will be used. I am not sure with Celebrity, but on the Disney ships, the top cushion flipped over and the underside was softer. A mattress pad and sheets then went on the bed, slightly smaller than a Twin sized mattress. The back pillows were removed. ;)

Thank you everyone for your comments and photo's.:)

We are in Concierge and the sofa bed will be for an adult lady approx. 5'6" tall and of average weight. Do they need to pull the sofa bed out of will they just make up the top of the divan/lounge. I presume the sofa bed/divan lounge is filled with foam rubber under the leather outer cover?

I think I will ask for the egg crate topper to make it more comfortable. I used one of these toppers on a single bed on the Diamond Princess some years ago, I found the bed to be very hard, the topper was a great help.

Hi Claire,

We were on Celebrity Solstice in April 2013 sailing from Sydney to Honolulu. We were in a three berth balcony cabin with my husband and 16 year old daughter.

The first night the cabin steward made up the pull down from ceiling bed but my daughter complained it was very hard. Even with her coming to bed at 3.00 am and crashing it was still very hard LOL.

The second night and for the rest of the cruise, he made up the lounge/sofa as her bed and put the mattress from the pull down bed and put it on top of the sofa. It was slightly softer but then the sofa bed was made up permanently as a bed for the rest of the cruise. We just sat on her bed/sofa if we wanted to use the sofa as a lounge. The water was like a mill pond all the way to Honolulu but sometimes the top mattress, whilst she was asleep, would slide around a little because it was on top of the sofa.

Kim

Hi Claire,

We were on Celebrity Solstice in April 2013 sailing from Sydney to Honolulu. We were in a three berth balcony cabin with my husband and 16 year old daughter.

The first night the cabin steward made up the pull down from ceiling bed but my daughter complained it was very hard. Even with her coming to bed at 3.00 am and crashing it was still very hard LOL.

The second night and for the rest of the cruise, he made up the lounge/sofa as her bed and put the mattress from the pull down bed and put it on top of the sofa. It was slightly softer but then the sofa bed was made up permanently as a bed for the rest of the cruise. We just sat on her bed/sofa if we wanted to use the sofa as a lounge. The water was like a mill pond all the way to Honolulu but sometimes the top mattress, whilst she was asleep, would slide around a little because it was on top of the sofa.

Kim

Hi Kim, thank you for the information, I was on the same cruise from Sydney to Hawaii, it was a great cruise except for Immigration in Maui and the bomb threat on arrival in Honolulu.:D

We have a sofa/bed in our cabin so hopefully it will be comfortable.

Hi Claire,

It was a fantastic cruise the Sydney to Honolulu cruise. I thought I remembered your name from the roll call.

Definitely agree immigration in Maui was a nightmare. We got off quite early in Honolulu, I think we were group seven so did not know about the bomb threat.

Kim

Archived