Review of Grandeur - 6 night to Bermuda (Sep 27 to Oct 3)

I will let you know how Thanksgiving was on the cruise, 4 out of 5 our kids have their own family now, and were going somewhere else for Thanksgiving, so last year, I said to my hubby, I am tired of Thanksgiving being like every other day, just the three of us, let's do something different! Well, we are! :-) our 12 year old son is the only one at home, and he loves cruisin, he makes so many friends!

If you want to sail the Pride she is pulling out of Baltimore in November of 2014! Hopefully Carnival will replace her with another ship, but no news on that yet!

So, RCI may be our only choice, that is why we are going on the Grandeur, plus we wanted a longer voyage. The Itinerary is exciting.

Now if you decide to take a cruise on the Pride, I would highly recommend Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay Itinerary! Half Moon Cay is their private Island, and what a Paradise!

Your Itinerary for next Thanksgiving sounds interesting, Key West, wow, I may have to check that out for us, I think Hubby would like to do another new England Canada cruise, sometime that was our first cruise in 2003!

Enjoy your Sunday!

The Pride repositioning cruise next Nov (the 30th I think) has a great itinerary, but requires more vacation days than we have :). We are the same - there are just the three of us, so we end up doing nothing special for Thanksgiving. So this is perfect getaway, and surprisingly, relatively affordable for a holiday cruise. :)

The Pride repositioning cruise next Nov (the 30th I think) has a great itinerary, but requires more vacation days than we have :). We are the same - there are just the three of us, so we end up doing nothing special for Thanksgiving. So this is perfect getaway, and surprisingly, relatively affordable for a holiday cruise. :)

Keep your eye out throughout the year, for price drops, we booked last October for our Thanksgiving cruise(nov. 2013) and by watching the prices, we saved 1600.00, till it was all said and done, but we are doing a 10 day compared to an 8 day, but just some advice! Watch the website!

Thanks for the review. We have a special place in our hearts for the Grandeur. She was our first cruise and we haven't looked back since. We also will be on the Thanksgiving sailing this November, which will be our 4th time sailing on the Grandeur. Not sure if will be able to make the 2014 thanksgiving sailing. Still trying to workout some details.

Joe & Sally

Keep your eye out throughout the year, for price drops, we booked last October for our Thanksgiving cruise(nov. 2013) and by watching the prices, we saved 1600.00, till it was all said and done, but we are doing a 10 day compared to an 8 day, but just some advice! Watch the website!

he, he - I told my wife that this would be her job, but I am sure that it will fall upon me to keep looking every day...lol

Thanks for the review. We have a special place in our hearts for the Grandeur. She was our first cruise and we haven't looked back since. We also will be on the Thanksgiving sailing this November, which will be our 4th time sailing on the Grandeur. Not sure if will be able to make the 2014 thanksgiving sailing. Still trying to workout some details.

Joe & Sally

Enjoy and please share details when you come back. I am eager to hear what they do special, if anything, for Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much for this review. You and your wife are in the same age bracket and Beloved and I and we leave on the Grandeur on Friday for our very first cruise.

Hearing about it from your point of view got me excited again as lately I've been concerned about the ongoing reports of awful smells aboard ship.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

Melissa

Thanks so much for this review. You and your wife are in the same age bracket and Beloved and I and we leave on the Grandeur on Friday for our very first cruise.

Hearing about it from your point of view got me excited again as lately I've been concerned about the ongoing reports of awful smells aboard ship.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I did not notice any of the smells that others have reported, but I want to say that most of these were closer to the centrum, and we spent most our time up on the pool deck. But, I will say that there is one section of the pool deck - close to WJ that is set aside for smokers, and it smells of smoke. Not sure if that bothers you or not. It did not bother us, but we walked through that section a few times, and it was noticeable.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• 1 year later...