Never eating in the main dining room? - Oasis

rubysue

I´m way different here. I always have dinner in the MDR. I´ve only used the specialty Restaurants twice. One time because I was invited by the cruiseline and once because a friend invited me. Honestly it was ok, but those Restaurants do nothing to me and I do not think the Food offered is that superior. MDR is the way to go for me. Windjammer - yep went there for dinner twice, when we overnighted in port and MDR operations were not as usual. It´s your buffet like I have for lunch every day already.

On our first 8 cruises we enjoyed the dressing up and eating in the MDR or specialty restaurants but that is no longer enjoyable for us. We usually don't want to be tied to a set time and to have to sit for 2 hours to eat a meal when we have other things we 'd rather do around the ship; we especially enjoy listening to music. The specialty restaurants are very good but we both have health issues and are on very strict diets nor do we drink so they no longer work for us.

So enjoy, try it all and you will find what you like and even that changes over time and enjoy that also.

My wife and I have been on 3 RCCL sailings so far - 2 GSs and a RFS.

The last one was with the kids in a RFS. We took advantage of room service from the MDR on our balcony twice as it's a perk and our kids aren't able to hold it together reliably in MDR.

To me it totally beats sitting in the MDR and would really encourage anyone available to take advantage of it to do so.

Just got off the Allure, too, and never ate in the MDR. That was a first for me, as I do enjoy the MDR company and getting to know my tablemates. However, like the OP, I wanted to try all the specialty restaurants. They were great! I especially enjoyed Giovanni's Table and Samba (the solarium restaurant ;) ). I never made it to the Chef's Table, but will definitely try that the next time. :)

We've been on Allure and Oasis 6 times and only eaten in the MDR twice and not many more in Windjammers. There are so many options and with the dinner packages very easy to avoid the MDR.

On Oasis we think 150 Park is the best restaurant at sea. The menu changes mid-cruise so we get 2 wonderful meals there. Always spend one night at Vintages as the tapas is wonderful and not pricey, 2 Chops and 2 Giavanni's (or eat one dinner in the promenade at the pub with take out from nearby).

In full disclosure, we are D+ so eat breakfast and on sea days lunch in the CL.

This is our favorite class of Royal Caribbean ships, love the variety in everything.

Archived