The Amazing Race Cozumel questions....

AandBmom

We did this excursion a few years ago and it was fantastic. I don't remember all of the details (and wouldn't want to share them all anyway because part of the fun is not knowing what comes next!).

I can tell you that we were a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 younger teenagers). The teams were mixed and I would say about half were comprised of families and the other half all adults. There is a lot of walking but you really feel like you see a lot of Cozumel. You can go as fast or as slow as you want to - depending on how competitive you want to be! There is an option for someone on your team to snorkel - but you don't all have to and it is not for a long period of time.

This excursion is very professionally run and was great fun for us - it still ranks high as one of the best excursions we have done.

We had this excursion booked for our cruise last Friday into Cozumel, and when we got on board 6 days before hand, we had a note from RCC saying that the excursion had been cancelled for "Operational Reasons".

From what I have read on the boards, it sounds like this has happened a few times recently, leaving us curious if they are still doing it. We had 3 ships in port that day, and weather was fine.

It was a big-time bummer, we were really looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

I did it a few weeks ago. I travel solo and they teamed me up with a couple in their early 60's (my ageish). It was VERY HOT! They drove us to the first stop to give us an overview and review some rules.

There were about 30 people in all divided into teams.

They guy on our team could NOT use a sharpie and wrote overtop of the clues so we couldn't read the next clue! He was extremely slow--told him 4 times how to spell "the" -- his wife and I were frustrated as heck.

We fast walked all over the place. Due to the heat, the wife's grumpiness and her husband's difficulty doing anything, it wasn't fun for me.

At a certain point you go with other teams on a short boat ride. Only 2 people got in the water. It was choppy but, frankly, they will tell you the answer to the clue without anyone going in. They will also give you a cold drink or a beer during the ride.

The guides are seruptitiously nearby and will help if you need help which we did!

If I did it again, I'd only go with people I know.

This is a great family activity, and you get a great overview of the town. My kids still talk about it to this day! They were 9 and 12 at the time. You go at your own pace, but we had no problem keeping up with the kids in tow, in fact we won!

As another member said, only one person has to get wet and it is really quick.

• 1 year later...