Indy 8-nts East or Allure 7-nts East - can't decide!

OK, I'm usually not this indecisive (yea right! :p), but I'm trying to decide on a cruise for me and my son (13 yrs old). I've narrowed it down to Independence of the Seas 8-night Southern cruise or Allure 7-night Eastern Caribbean. Here's where they both go:

Indy - St. Martin, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee, with 3 days at sea and 8-nights.

Allure - Nassau (ugh :rolleyes:), St. Thomas and St. Martin, with 3 days at sea.

I'm looking at taking either of these ships during the Holidays next year. By then, we will have already been on both Allure and Indy by the time we sail the Holidays. We're cruising the 6-day Western Caribbean on Indy for Spring Break, and we've already done the Allure Western. So our next obvious choice is to do the Eastern route, but I can't decide which ship!

Indy's 8-day cruise really interests me, but going on Allure again and doing the Eastern this time around would be fantastic also. Out of all the ports listed on both ships, the only 'new' ports for us would be St. Martin and St. Kitts. We've been to the other ports already. Although I love Labadee and could go there time and time again! :D

Cost wise, we'd have to book a promenade cabin on Indy, as the balconies are out of my budget. On Allure, we'd have to book a Central Park Balcony, as the oceanview balconies are also out of my budget. I'm OK with the CP balcony, but not too sure about a promenade room. :confused:

Any advice? If I went with Indy, that would mean we would cruise Indy twice in the same year - once for Spring Break and again for the Holidays. Different itineraries, of course. I'm really torn between the two. I like the ports on Indy's 8-day cruise, but I love the ship Allure.

Anyone do both and can tell me the pros and cons of each (if any! :) ) Thanks!

Since you've sailed on Allure before and Nassau doesn't thrill you (I don't blame you! :)), I'd say go with Independence of the Seas' 8-night sailing. You get two new ports, as you mentioned, plus you do get an extra night of cruising.

Promenade cabins on Freedom-class ships are nice. That's my first choice of category, especially if you can snag the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" (6305) which gives you free Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Concierge Lounge access.

Thanks for the replies so far. I think I'm leaning more towards Indy's 8-night cruise, because the ports are so good. However, the pricing on Allure is really good right now. :confused: Plus by the time we cruise during the Holidays next year, I'll be Platinum, which means I can get a balcony discount. So factoring that in, a CP balcony on Allure would be $375 more than a 'promenade' inside on Indy. Granted, Indy gives me that extra night too. Still pondering which ship..... :cool:

Since you will have been on both already, I would go for cruising an extra day and two new ports on Indy. Promenade rooms aren't bad, and you really don't spend much time in them anyway. I would check to see if the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" is available (promenade room 6305 on Freedom class ships)...you get some extra perks for the same price (search the boards...there's a ton of info about them). Some have reported some noise from an adjacent crew closet door, but it doesn't seem to bother many, and the perks seem to more than make up for it.

I would also pick the Indy because of the extra day, the ports are IMO much better than the Allure.

You can go to Nassau, St. Marteen and Thomas with ANY cruiseline, in fact it is the most common itinerary. However, to find an itinerary that combines both St. Kitts and Labadee is very uncommon, so again, my pick would be Indy.

Archived