Freeport--Gold Rock Beach--help!!

barbaraanne

I am trying (fruitlessly so far) to find out if we can get a cab to Gold Rock Beach (and the national park) from the cruise port. If so, how about much would it be?? Will they come pick us up later? Is there a cab company I could call to make arrangements with??

Anyone been there that wasn't on a cruise excursion?

Thanks for any input!

I have read on another thread where some folks arranged a cab at the port to do this (Queenie maybe?). It is about 45 minutes to an hour drive away so could get pricey. We are in Freeport on Halloween and arranged an excursion through Pat and Diane. Will go to Lucayan Park and Gold Rock Beach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I just did this in mid September! We pre-arranged it with a driver ahead of time but I'm not sure that is absolutely necessary. I believe, no matter how many people you have, its $60 pp/rt. Pretty pricey but they wait for you and drive you back because otherwise you are stuck in the middle of nowhere. We used a lady called Paddy (maybe Patty?)....I think it was Paddy. There were 6 of us. For extra $$, she even had a picnic & cooler of beverages for us....again expensive, but possible. Someone else in our party was doing the planning on this so I just went along with it.

If I were to do it again, I would rent a car right there at the port....very reasonable price when I checked & then head out there on my own. Once you leave the port hustle & bustle, its very easy & you can find straight forward directions. Much, much cheaper & if you wanted to bring your own food, you could stop at a local shop. There were no food options at Gold Rock Beach or even nearby. There was a toilet facility closeby...but not right there at the beach.

Just found this....I believe its the lady we used: Paddy's Cell: 242 442 4380, Home: 352 6418 and email: paddytaxitour@gmail.com

Feel free to ask me any other question on this....

mamajules, how was your excursion with Pat & Diane? we are confirmed for the same excursion next week. our driver will be junior.

Had a great time. Drive is about 45 minutes to the park. Toured the caves first....then across the street to the beach. Spent about an hour - 1 1/2 hours on the beach. It is gorgeous!! A couple pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

1384571189476.jpg.04b419f6ab417b648add43c6ff7566c9.jpg

1384571218685.jpg.0dfb2129d19934db2a6fd2333e201fc2.jpg