Perfecter Fusion Styler for hair

luv2sail7

Hi All - I recently saw an informercial for this product. They "claim" it works like a flat iron but is much better as it can add waves/curl if you choose to use it that way (tryperfecter dot com). Now, although I work heavly in the "sales field" as a support person, I am wary on claims - especially informercials. So I went to tvstuffreviews dot com and they have a rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars but it seems like there are A LOT of negative reviews even with the 3.3 rating and to "not waste your money". As we all know, reviews can swing both ways and sometimes those glowing reviews are not actually written by a real consumer. SO... I come to my Ladies here. I do not post often on this board but I am a "lurker" and have found LOTS of GOOD advice from all of you here on Cruise Critic. Have any of you tried this Perfecter Fusion Styler device? Any advice? Thanks to all for any advice. :)

I bought this item about 4 months ago. I expected to be disappointed because it seemed too good to be true, but I love it!

I have short hair and wash it at night to save time in the morning. It takes about 20 seconds to heat up and within a minute my "bed head" is gone! I unplug it and slip it in the heat resistant case. You can also touch it with your hand while it's on just like they demonstrate on tv.

Here's a tip: I bought it online and chose to have 3 payments. I declined their 4 year protection plan that cost about $20. Before I confirmed my purchase, it offered to give me the 4 year protection plan if I paid in one payment, so I did.

The only downside for me is that it isn't dual-voltage so I can't use it in Eurpean hotels.

I have short hair so I don't know how it does on longer hair.

Hi D4 - thanks for the review! After reading your positive comments, I'm considering it again. I'd like to take it on our next cruise (14 day Trans Atlantic). I currently live in Colorado and my hair is so easy to manage so I don't need it here. I grew up in Miami and had to deal with humidity but that was in the 80's when we all had the 'perms'. I swear my work ID looked like a female Jon Bon Jovi :o! I also have to travel to Miami for work often and would like to find something to smooth the hair but still give me some body/curl so this might just be the tool. Do you think it controls or helps with frizz?

I honestly have no idea about frizz because I've never had that problem.

I like to save time in the morning and this device lets me do that. I wear a sleep mask all night and large headphones for the first couple hours of sleep. This means my hair is going every which way in the morning. About one minute with this tool has my hair ready for the day. I don't understand how it works so effectively and quickly but it does.

I was also skeptical before I bought it and really expected that I would return it. However, I found the claims to be true for my hair and I would buy it again, so I recommend giving it a try. You can always return it if you don't like it. I watched the videos on their website and I got some tips they didn't have on the infomercial.

Good luck and enjoy your TA cruise!

Edited by D4

• 1 month later...

I like it a lot. I have short hair and would prefer a smaller barrel. I also wish it was dual voltage. I prefer it to my other stylers so I'll carry a voltage converter for use overseas.

My hair doesn't curl like they show on TV and in the videos, even with product in my hair, but it does give it more volume than my other stylers.

I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond and used the 20% off coupon and saved $20. I checked online to make sure the store had it before traveling there. When I didn't see it on the shelf I asked and they bought it out from the back.

OMG, I watched her, fast forwarded a lot of it and ended up turning it off after a few minutes. I didn't find her funny…at all, just obnoxious. Maybe if I were in my teens, I'm too far over that age :o

I think I would try this product if it weren't so expensive. I haven't used a curling iron in over 20 years, have never used a flat iron. I just use round brushes and a blow dryer. I think it would work for me if I just wanted a quick touch up or didn't blow dry my hair.

OMG, I watched her, fast forwarded a lot of it and ended up turning it off after a few minutes. I didn't find her funny…at all, just obnoxious. Maybe if I were in my teens, I'm too far over that age :o

I think I would try this product if it weren't so expensive. I haven't used a curling iron in over 20 years, have never used a flat iron. I just use round brushes and a blow dryer. I think it would work for me if I just wanted a quick touch up or didn't blow dry my hair.

You're in luck. Price dropped to $60 for the holidays. See

Perfecter Fusion Styler

It's kind if funny, everything comes back around and is in fashion again. My mother has been using one if these for years. It's a roller brush. You can probably get this at Walmart for 20 bucks. I don't know, it could be out if style and they may not have jumped back on the band wagon yet. It's worth a look.

It's kind if funny, everything comes back around and is in fashion again. My mother has been using one if these for years. It's a roller brush. You can probably get this at Walmart for 20 bucks. I don't know, it could be out if style and they may not have jumped back on the band wagon yet. It's worth a look.

I have one of those roller brushes too, and they cost a lot less. I have one with more traditional brushes that use air but some do just have a headed barrel(this seems to the kind this particular model has.)

Many come with different size heads which make them great for shorter hair or different styles.

To me this product is basicly a restyled version of this with more brush tips and ion technology. This particular one doesn't have that but there are those that do for a lot less.

I have an older version of this which I love - its the hot air type.

You could really love this type of product.. but $60 to me is way more expensive than you need to spend even more so if you are unsure you will like it.