Batten Down the Hatches, Here Comes Dennis

bambam

Stay Safe!

We've traveled to Key West every year for the last 5 years. We'll be visiting again this December on our cruise and then on a land vacation after Christmas for 4 days. We love the Keys, I hope they are spared!

Best wishes to everyone in Key West and the rest of the Florida Keys. I hope you don't get a big tidal surge and I hope if there is any damage, it will be minimal. Key West has so many historic buildings and landmarks. It would be such a shame for them to be in harm's way.

The scenes of Duval Street buildings all boarded up are disturbing. That is such a vibrant street, always full of life. Seeing it nearly abandoned just doesn't seem right.

Thanks for all the good thoughts...it must've worked!

We got back from our mini vacation as Dennis refugees in Fort Lauderdale this afternoon to find that other than big piles of tree limbs, palm fronds and other debris, downed billboards, and a few still closed restaurants that Key West appears relatively unscathed. Now all we need are all the visitors back!

So come on down...and thanks again for your good wishes!

Clay - a key west local

Clay - I hope this is your LAST mini-vacation for the summer/fall. This is way too early to start this hurricane adventure! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Archived