The Pride Appreciation Thread

richraven

Three time Pride cruisers. Also cruised the Miracle and the Legend all sister ships.

Baltimore is my favorite port (only 2 hours from home) In March 2010 my beautiful daughter was married on the Pride. Her first cruise and a little rocky the first few days.. changed that really rocky the first 2 days.

My beautiful daughter is no longer with us (passed away in Feb 2013) so the Pride will always hold a very special place in my heart. Not sure if I could cruise her again but I knew her so well it was like going home.

My heart goes out to you for your loss.

I'm anxious to experience the Pride. We are booked on that Nov. 30, 2014 sailing.

Those of us on the Roll Call for that sailing have named it;

"Pride's Swan Song."

Come on over and join the Roll Call if you would like to. So far, there are not many of us, but we are all excited.

DELTA --

Thanks for sharing this thread with those of us on the Pride's Swan Song Cruise!

I have lots of fun memories on the PRIDE. We will miss her; as sailing from Baltimore is so convenient and affordable for us. The drop-off & pick-up is a breeze. We really like being up on the top deck when going under the Key Bridge & Bay Bridge. (We spent a Sunday evening going back and forth over the Bay Bridge in our car, last summer, until we were on the bridge as the PRIDE sailed underneath. It was quite a site, all lit up, and so up-close from that perspective. It costs me 3-Tolls !:eek:, but it was well worth it.

We have also sailed on the SPIRIT, and love that class ship.

We actually like the art work on the pride, and "David's" steakhouse.

On our last cruise, a very beautiful young lady, who was developmentally challenged, was in the elevator with her Mom, as we were going up towards the statue of David. She referred to it as the "pee=pee statue":p

I thought that was so priceless & innocent. We still refer to it that way, and we giggle every time.

ALL OTHERS on this post-

I enjoy the reminiscing about the PRIDE, but I encourage you to join DELTA, KANGA, and ET on her last sail from Baltimore. It is sure to be a wonderful cruise. It will be your last chance to sail her from Baltimore, and the itinerary is awesome! So come join us ; We'd love to have ya:D

ET:)

DELTA --

Thanks for sharing this thread with those of us on the Pride's Swan Song Cruise!

I have lots of fun memories on the PRIDE. We will miss her; as sailing from Baltimore is so convenient and affordable for us. The drop-off & pick-up is a breeze. We really like being up on the top deck when going under the Key Bridge & Bay Bridge. (We spent a Sunday evening going back and forth over the Bay Bridge in our car, last summer, until we were on the bridge as the PRIDE sailed underneath. It was quite a site, all lit up, and so up-close from that perspective. It costs me 3-Tolls !:eek:, but it was well worth it.

We have also sailed on the SPIRIT, and love that class ship.

We actually like the art work on the pride, and "David's" steakhouse.

On our last cruise, a very beautiful young lady, who was developmentally challenged, was in the elevator with her Mom, as we were going up towards the statue of David. She referred to it as the "pee=pee statue":p

I thought that was so priceless & innocent. We still refer to it that way, and we giggle every time.

ALL OTHERS on this post-

I enjoy the reminiscing about the PRIDE, but I encourage you to join DELTA, KANGA, and ET on her last sail from Baltimore. It is sure to be a wonderful cruise. It will be your last chance to sail her from Baltimore, and the itinerary is awesome! So come join us ; We'd love to have ya:D

As long as don't miss my WOO! ;-)

Three time Pride cruisers. Also cruised the Miracle and the Legend all sister ships.

Baltimore is my favorite port (only 2 hours from home) In March 2010 my beautiful daughter was married on the Pride. Her first cruise and a little rocky the first few days.. changed that really rocky the first 2 days.

My beautiful daughter is no longer with us (passed away in Feb 2013) so the Pride will always hold a very special place in my heart. Not sure if I could cruise her again but I knew her so well it was like going home.

Very sorry to learn of your daughter no longer being with you. I hope your memories are of great comfort to you. I can certainly understand why it would be difficult for you to sail on the Pride again.

I will miss the Pride here in Baltimore. We will only have Royal to chose from, because even though it is more expensive, it's still cheaper then going to FL.

It was my first cruise and our 3rd on it will be Oct 2014.

We hope it or another ship comes in eventually but who knows.

I do feel bad for the workers who may lose their jobs. Baltimore is not an easy place to find work.

Edited by Gailerina

I'm counting on you KANGA, so we can talk DVC on our cruise.

Hopefully you can sway our cruising friends, that they should look into DVC, as well:D

:-) I have a (good) intense week coming up (my fifth grade daughter is in the high school play!), and then I'll try to make a decision

Very sorry to learn of your daughter no longer being with you. I hope your memories are of great comfort to you. I can certainly understand why it would be difficult for you to sail on the Pride again.

Thank you, I have always cherished memories and my daughter would always say every experience was a memory one you would laugh about when it happened or laugh about it in ten years. Her attitude was always laugh about it today why wait for ten years.

I remember my son eating sand on our Blue Lagoon excursion....lol...He was 18 months and very quick to the punch. It was miserable for us all because of his sleeping schedule and being too young for Camp Carnival. We took him again last year and it was totally different. He really enjoyed himself and Camp Carnival was a blast for him.

• 5 weeks later...
I'll be cruising on the Pride soon. It's good to read all these nice comments about her. I don't even see any negative remarks about the Pride. Can't wait!

Here's the only negative I have to post about the PRIDE. CCL just cancelled the best itinerary the PRIDE had - for what would have been a great farewell cruise from Baltimore. I was really looking forward to it on 11/30/14- but its been CANCELED! :(

ET:(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Pride for the 3rd time on Dec. 1st. We were also booked for the November 30, 2014 cruise which has now been cancelled. Our first Pride experience was with a group of about 30 & we had a blast. Our second time was with our daughter as her college graduation gift. We think the staff on the Pride is the best out of all the cruises we've been on whether they were with Carnival, Royal or Norwegian. We love Roger in the Piano bar. He is so entertaining!

As we live only an hour from port it is so convenient & we will be sad to see her go! We tried the Enchantment of the seas and found her to be stuffy and catering to an "Older" crowd. (we are in our 30s/40s). I know that Royal is switching the Enchantment & the Grandeur, but the prices for the Grandeur are kind of steep compared to the Pride.

The Pride is our favorite ship, (with the Liberty a close 2nd)! I hope Tampa enjoys her as much as we have!

Been on the Pride four times. Never had any bad service that I can remember. I live about 10 minutes from the port so this cruise has been a no-brainer for the past four years. Jan '14 will be my last cruise for a bit because the Grandeur out of baltimore is about 2x the price for a family of four($3200) and a down grade to mostly interior rooms or portholes.

Mine and my DH first ever cruise experience was aboard the Pride out of Baltimore. She got us totally addicted to cruising. We have been on two other Carnival ships out of different ports and Baltimore is by far the smoothest embark/debark we've had. We cruised a 2nd time on the Pride this year and she is by far our favorite ship. We love the layout, the size, the fellow cruisers and the crew. The crew aboard the Pride always seem happier and friendlier. Like they truly enjoy their jobs. We will be sailing on her again late next spring as a good-bye cruise. I have never once thought about flying to a port but with the Pride, I honestly can say I would consider it if the price was right!

We went on a group cruise on Pride in 2011. There were about 55 of us, family and friends. It was the cruise that got shortened by a day because of Hurricane Irene, and we missed a port and had to rearrange the other ports, and it rained almost every day but the day we were in Freeport, and our bus broke down on the way back to the ship from our excursion in Freeport and we almost missed the ship, and it was rocking so much from rough seas I had trouble standing up, but you know what?? I LOVED the cruise and I LOVED THE PRIDE!! So much so that we have booked her out of Tampa in January 2015. My parents live in FL so we often will go on a cruise from FL while we are down there anyway for Christmas. As soon as I saw my favorite ship going out of Tampa, I booked it! I loved how spacious the ship is, and how it's never crowded. We went on Dream last year, and all we did was wait on lines, so I'm glad to be going on MY Carnival Pride again!! ANd I do even like the decor, I love renaissance art so it's perfect for me. Only a little over 400 days to go, lol.

Edited by kristy29

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and best friends and I are sailing on the Pride on December 15th! I am so happy to go on the Pride, but saddened by this being my last Pride cruise out of Baltimore. I wish Carnival would bring another Spirit class ship back to Baltimore - now I will have to fly to Florida or drive to NYC!