Tours in Split Croatia

Are tours being sold at the cruise ship pier? Is it necessary to change currency into Kune or are dollars or credit cards accepted to pay entrance fee at the palace. Is the Jewish ghetto within walking distance of the palace?

Has anyone used Tours by Locals as their guide and what was their experience?

Are tours being sold at the cruise ship pier? Is it necessary to change currency into Kune or are dollars or credit cards accepted to pay entrance fee at the palace. Is the Jewish ghetto within walking distance of the palace?

Has anyone used Tours by Locals as their guide and what was their experience?

In general, if you want to tour a port in Europe, you'll need to make arrangements with a guide in advance of your arrival.

In general, if a place is a national site like Diocletian's Palace in Split or the city walls in Dubrovnik, you're going to need to use the currency of the country. Most places allow credit cards.

The Jewish area in Split is on the western wall of Diocletian's Palace. Here's a link to a map showing you its location:

http://www.zost.hr/location.php?jezik=EN

Here's a link to a web site maintained by the Jewish community in Split:

http://www.zost.hr/index.php?jezik=EN

• 1 month later...
In general, if you want to tour a port in Europe, you'll need to make arrangements with a guide in advance of your arrival.

In general, if a place is a national site like Diocletian's Palace in Split or the city walls in Dubrovnik, you're going to need to use the currency of the country. Most places allow credit cards.

I agree with Pet Nit Noy's comments. Our group of 6 had booked our private tour in advance and used the ATM to get approx. 2600 Kuna to pay for our tour and admission fees plus tips.

Our licensed tour guide was Helena Super (helena.super@gmail.com). Helena is only available during off season (pre-mid-May and post mid-Oct) because she is one of the tour directors of large coach buses traveling in Slovenia, Croatia. Montenegro, Bosnia, etc. Her English is quite good.

Our tour was approx. 8 hours and covered Trogir, the Salona ruins and Spit. For our group of 6, the tour fee was 1800 Kuna + admission fees + tips. Helen walked with us throughout the day pointing areas of interest. SPLIT is one of our favourite ports.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I used Private Guides in Split. I was very happy with our experience. We did walking tours in Split and Trogir and had a very knowledgeable guide. All correspondence was promptly and pleasantly answered and I was very impressed with the information provided with my initial inquiries.

Here is their website:

privateguidesteam@gmail.com