Valley Church or Dickenson?

susie63

First time to Antigua, and I've narrowed it down to Valley Church and/or Dickenson. Group of singles. Based on what I've read by searching the forums, it appears that Dickenson may have a "livelier" crowd. Any suggestions on where we should go? I apologize, I know there are tons of posts about the beaches. I was also thinking about going to Valley Church for a few hours then stopping by Dickenson. Is this doable? Many thanks!

Me again. Those beaches are in opposite directions.

So if you just want to lay out and sun and swim on a quiet Kindle-reading beach choose Valley Church. If you want the hustle and bustle of a more crowded beach with Jet Ski/ Hobie Cat rentals choose Dickenson. Can't go wrong eith way...they both have sand and ocean.

First time to Antigua, and I've narrowed it down to Valley Church and/or Dickenson. Group of singles. Based on what I've read by searching the forums, it appears that Dickenson may have a "livelier" crowd. Any suggestions on where we should go? I apologize, I know there are tons of posts about the beaches. I was also thinking about going to Valley Church for a few hours then stopping by Dickenson. Is this doable? Many thanks!

We've done both. Dickenson was very busy and we knew we didn't want to return. On our last cruise this past summer we went to Valley Church. It was quiet and beautiful but there was a restaurant/bar and jet ski rentals so it wasn't too remote. The chairs at V.C. were lined up in one single row along the beach vs. Dickenson where the chairs are lined up several deep and the cruise lines drop off groups on excursions.

• 4 months later...

LisaDee, We were going to go to Dickenson's but after reading your post I think we are going to go to Valley Church. It is just my husband and I and we are interested in jet ski rental. Can you just give me a little more info on this beach if you can like how long it took you to get there from the cruise port and what transportation did you take or would you recommend, was there a fee to get onto the beach and how much to rent chairs and umbrella's and if you know the cost for the jet ski rental, places to eat? Thanks SO MUCH in advance for your time and your help!!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

We visited Valley Church Beach last year, since we read it wouldn't be as crowded as Dickenson. Also, the ride was about 20 minutes each way; farther away from the cruise port. The cost of a taxi ride is cheaper, the more people you have riding with you. There's a bar/restaurant at Valley Church Beach, lots of chairs and umbrellas to rent, bathrooms, showers and it wasn't all that crowded.