People to People Nassau or Freeport

annim

Hi all~

Would like your opinions on which would be a better choice to do "P to P" tour, and which would be better for beaching. We've been to Nassau so many times I thought it'd be nice to do something different, but I've seen lots of nice reviews on a Sheraton day pass(I'm a lazy river kind of gal). Never been to Freeport, but the beaches/resorts don't sound as great? Put it this way I guess - don't care about an all inclusive thing - just a lazy river and beach. Don't really care what we do where. What do you think?

Thank you!!

(First vacation alone since the kids were born 17 years ago!!!!)

Anni

Hi all~

Would like your opinions on which would be a better choice to do "P to P" tour, and which would be better for beaching. We've been to Nassau so many times I thought it'd be nice to do something different, but I've seen lots of nice reviews on a Sheraton day pass(I'm a lazy river kind of gal). Never been to Freeport, but the beaches/resorts don't sound as great? Put it this way I guess - don't care about an all inclusive thing - just a lazy river and beach. Don't really care what we do where. What do you think?

Thank you!!

(First vacation alone since the kids were born 17 years ago!!!!)

Anni

People to People is not a tour. It's a cultural exchange and immersion program.

So let me get this strait....... I ask a simple question. I get a condescending response. I am offended. I respond back, and now I'm the bad guy? So here's what I'm going to do...... I'm going to ask again in another thread. Just do me a favor and ignore it ok? If you just can't bring yourself to do that, play nice and just answer the darn question!

Edited by annim

I wasn't being condesending. I was posting the facts.

You had suggested in another thread that a cruiser take the P&P tour when she asked about hiring a tour guide.

I was simply pointing out that this is NOT to be used as a free tour guide.

It's a cultural exchange and immersion program. If you saw my other post, I explained.

If you want a tour of the island, pay for a guide, they are trained to do so and the cost is only $50 per hour per vehicle.

Wow..... If you only knew....

Scooby, if you only knew me, and why we're doing the people to people thing you would be so embarrassed (or at least you SHOULD be) about responding the way you have. No more posts from me on this thread. bye bye

Wow..... If you only knew....

Scooby, if you only knew me, and why we're doing the people to people thing you would be so embarrassed (or at least you SHOULD be) about responding the way you have. No more posts from me on this thread. bye bye

If you were mother teresa I would still stand by my answer.

I was not condesending, and my answer was spot on.

Your answer in the previous post was off the mark. I corrected you.

• 2 months later...
I wasn't being condesending. I was posting the facts.

You had suggested in another thread that a cruiser take the P&P tour when she asked about hiring a tour guide.

I was simply pointing out that this is NOT to be used as a free tour guide.

It's a cultural exchange and immersion program. If you saw my other post, I explained.

If you want a tour of the island, pay for a guide, they are trained to do so and the cost is only $50 per hour per vehicle.

Could you please describe the people to people a little more for me. We like to check out the local scenery and culture of new areas. We will be visiting Nassau in February from 8 - 5 on a cruise. Is the People to People something we need to look into or just a tour guide. If a tour guide is more what we need, could you please recommend someone for me. We are a family of four adults. We are thinking that we could just do the walking tour but afraid of missing the scenery and other interesting things outside of the city. We would love to have any advice you would be willing to share. (not interested in beaches). Thank you so much!!!