Trip Review: Enchantment of the Seas 10/7/13

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the review. I look forward to sailing on Enchantment in May.

By the way...Go Big Orange! My daughter is a freshman at UT. Sat front row at our first game at Neyland in Sept. Can't wait to go to a full house game and experience 100,000+ fans!

Thank you for the review. I look forward to sailing on Enchantment in May.

By the way...Go Big Orange! My daughter is a freshman at UT. Sat front row at our first game at Neyland in Sept. Can't wait to go to a full house game and experience 100,000+ fans!

Thanks! I hope you have a great sailing.

It's an amazing experience. I have been to a couple home games vs UGA and it was unbelievable. I really like what Coach Jones is doing with the program.

I'm glad this bounced back up, thanks for sharing your review and photos! looks like you had a great time on your first Royal cruise. We cruise Enchantment next month and I'm looking forward to my first time in this ship. I cruised this class before, but Enchantment has been stretched and things have been added, so I'm looking forward to seeing the differences.

You sure got a good deal on your Feb trip...have fun!:D

Great review. We were on EOS in April 2013. Some of the things you said were exactly the same. Our dining room service was terrible on the first night. My husband was actually told "no" when he asked for something specific. This NEVER happens on a cruise! But, as the week went on the MDR service was better. Our main waiter was not great. But, the assistant was phenomenal! I think his name was Ardin. He was always quick with a joke or to show us a magic trick after dinner. Loved him! In Boleros, we had Erdie who was from Turkey. He was very good also. Made quick friends with him. Our favorite bar person by far was Jefferson. He always had drinks waiting for us wherever we were. Loved him too! I will say, compared to the other ships we have been on, the service on this was just not as good as the others. That being said, I would greatly encourage you to go on another RCL ship and see if it is better. I think one of the problems with Enchantment is they expanded the length of the ship. But, did nothing to expand the public areas, like the Windjammer. So, everywhere seemed really crowded. We sail again April of this year on the Freedom of the Sea and can't wait to see it. It's our biggest ship yet! I like the smaller ships because I think the service is more personal....they do remember your name! So, it will be interesting to see if they are up to par on a bigger ship!

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for the review - great pictures!

My 6yr old and I are going on Enchantment later this month, and I'm very excited! (and little guy doesn't know yet, he will find out when we get there!)

I'm surprised with all of the trouble you had with food - On our first cruise, Freedom of the Seas, we had no problems at all. My son is allergic to a TON of different things (dairy, vinegar, anything artificial, msg, several fruits, some nuts, and the worst is Oats, which cross contaminates with gluten, so he can't have most gluten). And on top of that, we are strict vegetarian (which includes fish).

We just told the staff in the MDR and they took care of him, altering or subbing foods for him, or making special dishes if needed. He is not at all picky, and when we told them so they made all kinds of creative meals for him.

For breakfast and lunch, they would have someone walk through the buffet with us and tell us which things he could have, and if we wanted to the day before, we could request things which we could collect at Windjammer whenever we got there. It was very easy to handle.

Our only problem was we found out he was allergic to the sheets/towels! They must use harsh soaps - at home we use all natural stuff. This time, I'm packing bedding for him so he won't turn into a giant rash like he did last time!

thank you for the review - great pictures!

My 6yr old and I are going on Enchantment later this month, and I'm very excited! (and little guy doesn't know yet, he will find out when we get there!)

I'm surprised with all of the trouble you had with food - On our first cruise, Freedom of the Seas, we had no problems at all. My son is allergic to a TON of different things (dairy, vinegar, anything artificial, msg, several fruits, some nuts, and the worst is Oats, which cross contaminates with gluten, so he can't have most gluten). And on top of that, we are strict vegetarian (which includes fish).

We just told the staff in the MDR and they took care of him, altering or subbing foods for him, or making special dishes if needed. He is not at all picky, and when we told them so they made all kinds of creative meals for him.

For breakfast and lunch, they would have someone walk through the buffet with us and tell us which things he could have, and if we wanted to the day before, we could request things which we could collect at Windjammer whenever we got there. It was very easy to handle.

Our only problem was we found out he was allergic to the sheets/towels! They must use harsh soaps - at home we use all natural stuff. This time, I'm packing bedding for him so he won't turn into a giant rash like he did last time!

Thank you! We learned a lot of lessons on that trip. From what I understand from a lot of veteran RCC cruisers is that the Windjammer on the Enchantment is much smaller than on a lot of the ships especially, Freedom. Let me tell you it felt small as it was always crowded and busy. The staff just looked unapproachable. They have more items in the back, but you have to ask for them. There is simply not enough room to put everything out.

We did have a better experience in the MDR. The only complaint that I had was that we gave them a list of all my wife's allergies and there selection almost always included something that she could not have. They seemed to focus in on the gluten free and not the fact that she has many other allergies and that she is a vegetarian that eats fish. Once night they almost served her a dish that had wine in the sauce. I am so glad that I caught it or we would have been in a major situation in the middle of the ocean.

With Carnival, I had the reservation noted then followed-up with the MDR once on-board and we never had a problem. All the suggestions were spot on and she even found out that she likes curry. Once night, the chef made a special dish just for her. The waitstaff was awesome, they double and triple checked everything for her.

I am sure that you are going to have a great sailing. My advise is to speak with someone on-board and get everything set up. If you don't know an ingredient, ask. In the Windjammer, ask for assistance, even if they seem busy.