Papillote wilderness retreat

Arlenedow

We will be in Dominica for a day aboard the Quest on Dec. 1, 2013. I am thinking of doing Papillote's Interlude for a day.

Has anyone done this and what did you think about it? How long is the taxi ride to and from and how much is the taxi fare?

Thank you for any information.

Arlene

• 1 month later...

We went in March and really enjoyed it. I think the taxi ride was about 20 minutes. It's very close to Trafalgar Falls. The tour of the gardens was interesting for DH and myself but perhaps a touch long. Our DD's favourite part of the day was the free wifi and the hot pools. We had been to Dominica twice before and this time we were just looking for a nice relaxing day and this place fit the bill perfectly .

Is this a cruise line tour? Cost? I'm struggling to plan the day for DH, my in laws and I for our stop there in Feb. Maybe just a taxi drive to Falls or beach. The reviews sound underwhelmed from what I've seen so far. I was interested in Champagne snorkelling but maybe too strenuous. Thanks much for your help on describing the highlights of this adventure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks!

Do you remember how much was the taxi? We have nothing planned for Dominica so we might spend a long time there. We don't need another beach and this gardens seem beautiful for a change. I really want to have lunch there and enjoy the hot pools. Then there is wifi so that's like heaven to me

Hiram

I emailed them yesterday and was quoted 60 us each for an interlude day which included lunch, private waterfall time, hot pools and garden tour. They offered to send taxi to pick us up 20 us extra. Don't know what anyone else has paid and if the taxi is expensive? Screws Spa is 10 us put this looks beautiful. Does anyone know what lunch is like and if it is worth it?

I emailed them yesterday and was quoted 60 us each for an interlude day which included lunch, private waterfall time, hot pools and garden tour. They offered to send taxi to pick us up 20 us extra. Don't know what anyone else has paid and if the taxi is expensive? Screws Spa is 10 us put this looks beautiful. Does anyone know what lunch is like and if it is worth it?

Thanks for sharing your research on this. I was contemplating just taking a taxi there and showing up for lunch. Your approach is better with lots of extras thrown in but it does seem expensive. I'm also anxious to hear any responses to your question "what is lunch like and is it worth it?"

I can't remember the price of the taxi but there were four of us and it was definitely cheaper than them sending a taxi for us. Our driver came back for us at a set time. If you find the price for Trafalgar falls I bet it's close to if not the same price. It was exactly what we were looking for so I found the price was right for what we got. I had soup, and fish I think. I liked it. All 4 of us were happy with our lunch. It was very tasty. We had a two hour plus tour of the amazing gardens. I would have preferred a shorter tour and longer amount of time in the hot and cold spas if I could change anything. Mick Jagger stayed there for a few weeks for R and R last January. It really is a beautiful spot. If you have done the regular sights or get motion sickness or are looking for a relaxing stress free day this is the place for you.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't remember the price of the taxi but there were four of us and it was definitely cheaper than them sending a taxi for us. Our driver came back for us at a set time. If you find the price for Trafalgar falls I bet it's close to if not the same price. It was exactly what we were looking for so I found the price was right for what we got. I had soup, and fish I think. I liked it. All 4 of us were happy with our lunch. It was very tasty. We had a two hour plus tour of the amazing gardens. I would have preferred a shorter tour and longer amount of time in the hot and cold spas if I could change anything. Mick Jagger stayed there for a few weeks for R and R last January. It really is a beautiful spot. If you have done the regular sights or get motion sickness or are looking for a relaxing stress free day this is the place for you.

This sounds great. I would just drop the gardens tour, I only want to have a nice lunch and spend sometime in the hot pool. For what I have read, they are free to use as long as you have lunch. I saw a menu somewhere and at first prices might look outrageous however those are ECD (eastern caribbean dollars) which are like half of an USD

Thanks for your response Karysa, it does sound better now that you have expanded upon the experience. Would you recommend making reservations? Thanks much for insight.

I have no idea how many people they take and if they ever meet capacity so I really can't answer your question. We booked ahead because we knew that this was how we wanted to spend our day in Dominica.