Just off the Magic.....

hannahsmomtoo

We disembarked the Magic 10/13

Had a great cruise... mainly due to a fantastic roll call...

I have decided not to post a review...

other than a couple key points..

Cucina Capitano - GREAT lunch on embrakation day.. ( and free ) Did not go for dinner...

Punchliner comedy club was great - I had my teen in the "adult" shows and she was fine.. they were not too raunchy... we did walk out on one guy who just wasn't funny however...

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom is a MUST do.

Montego Bay - we did Dunns River Falls - had a GREAT time and were not harassed ONCE by merchants, despite all the horror stories we had heard. I will say we had a Carnival guide who did a great job that day too - so that may have played into it.

Grandy Cayman - we parasailed and loved it. I would do it again but probably not thru Carnival.

Happy to Answer any questions anyone may have....

It was myself and my teen... and she did NOT use the clubs/camp.

:)

Did you happen to notice if they are still doing the unlimited internet? And if you have the pricing, that would be awesome.

Glad you had a great cruise. :D

Just under 2 weeks for me... getting so excited!

Im sorry I do not know if they still have unlimited internet - We logged on a couple times for just a few minutes to check in at home and paid ALOT... I am sure a package would have been a better idea!

Have a great cruise !

One more thing...

Fried Conch ( Konch?) at the Red Frog Pub... is a must.

Also, if you order your drink in a "Fishbowl" ( HUGE ) at the red frog, they WILL put it in a "to go" glass for you... but one fishbowl = about 4 " to go" glasses... so you may look silly walking around the ship.

(and yes I did )

Did you happen to notice if they are still doing the unlimited internet? And if you have the pricing, that would be awesome.

Glad you had a great cruise. :D

Just under 2 weeks for me... getting so excited!

Just back from the same cruise, and yes they did have unlimited internet. It seems like it was 159.99.They had a variety of packages, with fast speed and slower speed for different prices. I am not at home right now, but will check my papers when I get there and let you know for sure. (I am something of a packrat, and bring home every piece of paper they give me.) I was able to find free internet at bars in Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Naturally, I was only in the bars for the internet!

Just back from the same cruise, and yes they did have unlimited internet. It seems like it was 159.99.They had a variety of packages, with fast speed and slower speed for different prices. I am not at home right now, but will check my papers when I get there and let you know for sure. (I am something of a packrat, and bring home every piece of paper they give me.) I was able to find free internet at bars in Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Naturally, I was only in the bars for the internet!

LOL The cruise I was on was Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay....so definitely not the same cruise....

but I am sure the prices were the same ! :p

LOL The cruise I was on was Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay....so definitely not the same cruise....

but I am sure the prices were the same ! :p

Oops, there was a mom and young daughter on our cruise doing a back-to-back. I thought you were her.

I'm getting on the Magic this Sunday and can't wait.

How was the VIFP party? I had quit going for awhile due to crowding issues, but on our B2B on the Breeze in January and also the Conquest in April I was very pleased with how well it was run.

Galveston is my homeport and I get priority boarding, but did you notice how the FTTF was handled? I haven't cruised from there since they brought out FTTF. In NOLA it's very organized and no problems with people rushing to get on the ship.

We got off the Magic on September 22nd, did the Belize, Cozumel & Mahogany Beach cruise. We were warned that debarkation was going to take longer than usual because we stopped at Belize - Customs were stricter on boats that go to Belize. However... we had FTTF, we were off the boat, through Custom, and in our car by 8:30 A.M. - I think FTTF is worth it, just for debarkation, since you are in the first group off the ship.

It was a really fun cruise, can't wait for next year, we will probably do it again. This was my favorite Magic route.

Thanks. I would appreciate if you could find the paperwork for the exact pricing. I would rather unplug on vacation, but I have a feeling I'm going to need it for work (owning a small business never really affords the opportunity to "get away" completely). It'd be nice to know the pricing options before we go.

I'm getting on the Magic this Sunday and can't wait.

How was the VIFP party? I had quit going for awhile due to crowding issues, but on our B2B on the Breeze in January and also the Conquest in April I was very pleased with how well it was run.

Galveston is my homeport and I get priority boarding, but did you notice how the FTTF was handled? I haven't cruised from there since they brought out FTTF. In NOLA it's very organized and no problems with people rushing to get on the ship.

Our role call cocktail party was scheduked at the vibe club at the same time as the past guest party was going on elsewhere....intentionally. We had a great 2 hour unlimited drinks cocktail party...

FTTF was fabulous - embarkation was VERY fast and seemless....

but I didnt notice any other perks...

even with tenders, we had priority because we had early Carnival excursions... not because of FTTF

I would pay for it again though

Thanks. I would appreciate if you could find the paperwork for the exact pricing. I would rather unplug on vacation, but I have a feeling I'm going to need it for work (owning a small business never really affords the opportunity to "get away" completely). It'd be nice to know the pricing options before we go.

On the Magic now, it was $134.99 for a week of high speed internet.

Archived