Oasis Wine Tasting Event

I thought I read somewhere on RCCL's site they offer a wine tasting event (Lafite, maybe?) on the cruise. I thought it was about $23. Is it worth it?

I sail in 4 weeks, and I can't seem to find it on the reservations that are available on the pre-cruise planner for my cruise. I looked in onboard activitites and specialty restaurants.

Does that mean its booked? If so, do they offer more of them after sailing?

I enjoy wine, but my wife doesn't. We don't order many drinks during a cruise, but I thought this might be an interesting way for me to try several different wines.

Appreciate the help.

We did this on the Allure and liked it so much that we booked it again for our upcoming January cruise. It was in my pre cruise planner and I'm not sure if it was under alcohol packages or specialty restaurants. I'll check for you! It was 23 dollars.

Tara

Well, I found the wine tasting on my sailing. Its offered at 3:00 in the afternoon on St. Maarten port day. We plan to be heading back to the ship at that time. No way we'll be back there, unless the weather is horrible or someone is sick, etc....

Maybe it was available other days, and I waited to long to pull the trigger. Ya snooze, ya lose.

Guess we'll have to see if they do something at Vintages along the same lines.

We have done the Lafitte wine tasting event and did not care for it at all. This features Lafitte wines only and if you don't care for their specific wines, you're stuck. We have done wine flights and wine tastings in Vintages many times and loved it. You can taste various types of wine and different varietals/regions and it is cheaper, too. The wine tenders in Vintages are wonderful and can find out your particular tastes and suggest wines that might appeal to you specifically.

Good luck and here's to you, whatever you decide.

Margee

We have done the Lafitte wine tasting event and did not care for it at all. This features Lafitte wines only and if you don't care for their specific wines, you're stuck. We have done wine flights and wine tastings in Vintages many times and loved it. You can taste various types of wine and different varietals/regions and it is cheaper, too. The wine tenders in Vintages are wonderful and can find out your particular tastes and suggest wines that might appeal to you specifically.

Good luck and here's to you, whatever you decide.

Margee

I agree 100% with this advice. Vintages is the way to go.:)

Archived