Grand Balconies

ukbound

First of all, no matter where you stay enjoy your cruise!

You should definitely be a aware of the following with the Grand Class ships:

The decks are tiered almost like a step pyramid. The minisuites on Dolphin deck have nice size balconies but they have NO cover on them. This has advanatages and disadvantages so think carefully about your selection. Everyone above can see directly onto your balcony, but you also get full sun exposure. The caribe deck balconies are just as large but are half covered, my wife and I prefer these for that reason - best of both worlds. Above Caribe the balconies are more of a typical cruise ship size and fully covered.

There have been a number of posts on this subject if you do a search you will probably see a lot more detail.

enjoy!:)

As a South Floridian I'll take the "exposed" mini any day. You want to look down into my balcony......go for it! You'll not find too much to see; we'll probably be inside enjoying our larger quarters.:) We get enough sun all year 'round.

Arlene

I agree with Arlene. The mini-suites, dollar for dollar, are a good deal. We've stayed in them twice and love having the extra room, as well as the larger bathroom with full size tub.

Unfortunately my husband was diagnosed with an illness recently and he has to keep his exposure to sun very limited. With the mini-suite balconies being totally exposed, this won't work for us anymore. I know there are a few at the back of the ship that are covered, but they never seem to be available.

He likes to spend a fair amount of time on the balcony, so we opted for our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise to go with a balcony cabin on Caribe deck. Those balconies are very large, and partially covered.

But I sure will miss my mini-suite!

Archived