Pirate Museum & Tour/John Watling's Distillery

pamrose228

Going to Nassau with the Splendor in January. Don't want a beach day and thinking of something different to do. Has anyone been on this tour. Is it worth it? Can I book it in Nassau on the pier?

Also has anyone been to the distillery? Is it near the port and what how it the tour?

Thanks in advance.

Going to Nassau with the Splendor in January. Don't want a beach day and thinking of something different to do. Has anyone been on this tour. Is it worth it? Can I book it in Nassau on the pier?

Also has anyone been to the distillery? Is it near the port and what how it the tour?

Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to find out this info as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Both of these places are very easy to visit on your own - no booked tour needed - both are within walking distance from the ship.

We have never visited the pirate museum though we have walked past it on several visits to Nassau.

This past May we walked to the distillery, stopping at Greycliff's for a walk around (very nice young man greeted us at the entrance; we asked if we could walk around and he was happy to give us a guided tour) before we got to the distillery. Definitely worth stopping and seeing.

We toured the distillery - the grounds and buildings are beautiful - and enjoyed a frozen pina colada outside on the porch - great views from up there - we could see the lighthouse and the whale tails of the Carnival ships.

Going back to Nassau in February and we plan to visit the distillery again. We may stop at Greycliff's again or visit the art gallery near the distillery.

We did a similar tour but not with Carnival. We booked at the pier with Gregg Arnett. That was in May 2011 before the distillery opened. I don't know if the tours booked at the pier now include the distillery, but you could walk there after the tour if you decide to go that route. I like to go with the local providers when I can rather through the cruise line, but the Carnival tour description looks interesting. I think we paid around $30 pp for our tour with Gregg. Sorry, that probably doesn't help you much.

No it helps a lot. Thanks. I still hope they have it available at the pier..it's probably to same one as CCL offers for double the price. The distillery isn't included just wanted to know if it is worth it because the Bacardi one in PR isn't