Getting to Times Square by taxi with an electric wheelchair

boingboingbaggy

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting from Cape Liberty to Times Sq or Penn station area next November 2014.

My wife uses her electric wheelchair permanently and cannot transfer into a car or steps etc.

Not sure at present if we are going to stay in NY or get straight on the Amtrak to Jamestowne.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Darren :)

You should also post on the disabled cruise forum to widen your audience. I would assume you would have to hire an accessible van which I'm sure can be done, but I just don't know what to recommendations to make for you.

One point -- if you're talking about heading from the dock to Jamestown, VA by train (the nearest station is Williamsburg, I believe), then you're probably easiest heading to Newark Penn station, not New York Penn station. All trains heading south from New York also call at Newark around 15 minutes after leaving New York.

I assume you need this on Monday Nov 10, 2014: on the current timetable, there's only one day train to Williamsburg on Mon-Thu (there's also one in the middle of the night, which I assume isn't relevant). It leaves Newark at 10:51am, arriving in Williamsburg at 6:10pm. That should be enough time to get off the ship and over to the station, but (assuming you can't do walkoff) you'll want to ensure that you get an early baggage color.

MarlboroBell

What an excellent response. Thanks very much for this tip.

Will look at Newark Penn instead of NY Penn as we have done NYC before.

Can I ask if there's anywhere you can suggest we could leave a few bags as we are in US 9 days before we sail back, so we don't need all the formal wear with us.

Kind regards

Darren :)

Archived