Jack's Shack Take II

*Luv2Cruz*

Just got back from my cruise yesterday and once again going to Jack's was excellent!:D This year Jack and his whole family were there including the grand kids, and of course the dogs!;) This year we met up with and bunch of friends, cashed in our free shot coupons, and even celebrated a birthday!:cool::eek:

If you've been there before you'll probably go back; and if you haven't gone yet check it out next time your in GT!;)

4 a quick vid I shot!:) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

We went there and will not go back. Just sayin.

Food took over an hour, locals seemed to waltz in and get their food and ours was still "frozen" according to the cook.

$20 for a chair and an umbrella? Dumb of us. Service was rude, food was very average once we finally got it and as soon as we did, we left.

We love local beach bars, the more local the better. This one was one of the most disappointing we've ever been to. We were pretty jazzed reading all the reviews....boy were disappointed.

I've heard a bit about this place. How far away is it from where the ship is docked? Do you just walk along the beach to find it?

Glad you enjoyed it!

It is very close. There are easily a dozen threads here that tell you all about Jacks and the other nearby options. Shouldn't take you more than 15-20 minutes to become an expert.

I've heard a bit about this place. How far away is it from where the ship is docked? Do you just walk along the beach to find it?

Glad you enjoyed it!

Walk through margaritaville to beach and turn right! Jack's is about 500 yards down the beach on the right!:D

Food took over an hour, locals seemed to waltz in and get their food and ours was still "frozen" according to the cook.

$20 for a chair and an umbrella? Dumb of us. Service was rude, food was very average once we finally got it and as soon as we did, we left.

We love local beach bars, the more local the better. This one was one of the most disappointing we've ever been to. We were pretty jazzed reading all the reviews....boy were disappointed.

For us chairs where free and service and food was very good!:confused::D Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Finally, someone who agrees with me. This was our same experience back in March 2011 and when I wrote about it then, got flamed to death. Here is my honest assessment of Jack's Shack:

After reading all the reviews here and on Trip Adviser, my wife and I decided to fore-go Margaritaville and venture down to Jack's Shack. What a BIG disappointment. Where do I start? First, no one greeted us and made us feel welcome. There were some locals sitting at the bar and gabbing with all the help. Finally, a young gal came over to us to see what we wanted to order/drink. We told her we had read fantastic reviews about the jerk chicken. She replied "It won't be ready for another hour". Are you kidding me? Our ship pulls into port at 12 noon and we walk over by 12:30 and they just fired up the BBQ. You'd think that they would have lunch ready to go by noon when a ship full of people pulls up at that time. So, we decided to wait as we had nothing else to do. She took our order for a diet coke and deserted us for the next 45 minutes. We finally placed our order for the chicken and by 2:00 were eating lunch. Chicken tasted great, but was chopped up very differently and most pieces had bone splinters sticking out from them. The whole time there, we felt like we were intruding on their little party as not one worker ever engaged us in any type of conversation. Now, I don't need to have my hand held and ego stroked, but if your business is dependent on cruise ship tourists, you would think that Jack's staff would go out of their way a bit to make the tourists feel welcomed and try to show some interest in them and appreciate them walking past many other food and beverage stands to go to them. The only redeeming part of the visit was watching their cute dog, Topher. digging his head in the sand time and time again. I can not recommend this place. In fact, a few other competitors have opened up on the sand nearby and we should have tried one of them, but had read nothing but great things about Jack's. After spending 3 hours of being bored and ignored, we headed back to the ship and decided to stop by Margaritaville. It was lively, colorful, full of people, good music playing, great swimming pool and lots and lots of folks having a good time. Should have gone there instead. Final HIT or MISS review:

1. Location = MISS

2. Atmosphere = MISS

3. Friendliness = MISS

4. Customer Service = MISS

5. Food = HIT

6. Topher the Dog = HIT

7. Overall = MISS