Celebrity BioBay Excursion in San Juan, PR?

ThreeDancingMatthews

I posted some more general questions on the San Juan port board, but I also wanted some feedback on the Celebrity-run shore excursion. Has anyone done the Celebrity Bioluminescent Bay shore excursion in Puerto Rico? Was it good? Did it include transportation to/from the ship? Was it worth the price? How tight was the timing getting to/from the ship? I'm trying to figure out whether to take the ship excursion or try to book something independently- seems like time might be an issue. I'm on the Reflection- arriving at 3pm, departing at 10pm, and the ship excursion meets at 4 and runs til 9:30. Thanks!

We WANTED to do the tour, but didn't.....I'd suggest you check the moon phase at the time you want to go. They say if it is near a full moon it is too light to really be able to experience it.

In addition to the ship's excursion (if you don't want to do kayaks), there is a group that does electric boats.

I'd guess on the San Juan site they'd have more information, but a Google search is just as informative.

Thanks for the help everyone! Our PR port day is about halfway between the new moon and the full moon, so it should be a good night to visit the bay.

I've mostly cruised NCL, and this will be my first time on Celebrity - do Celebrity's shore excursions sell out? On NCL, you could usually wait til you were onboard to sign up (and use some OBC). Is that true on Celebrity, too?

It's hard to say one way or another if an excursion will sell out.

In this case, I would definitely do the ship's excursion. The times are tight and I wouldn't want to risk the ship leaving without me!

One thing you 'can' do is to all the Enhancements/Shore Excursions office and ask how full it is. If it is getting full, book it....otherwise you can wait until you get onboard. A hassle - yes, but it would be a REAL shame to miss such a unique opportunity!

(jealous as we were there during the full moon, so we didn't get to go!! Enjoy it for us too!!)

Archived