AKRR depots in Anchorage

3some

Can you depart from either the downtown or the airport RR depots to go to Whittier? Is the airport depot in walking distance of the aiport rental car return?

I will drop the luggage and the other 4 travelers directly at the depot, but I have to return the rental car to ANC. Is it better to have everyone get on the train dowtown to get the best seats?

Can't help with all your questions, but basically the Airport Railroad Depot is right at the one end of the area where you will bring back your rental car back to, so it won't be a problem at all. Here's a link to a pdf file that shows you an Anchorage Airport map http://www.dot.state.ak.us/anc/passengerinfo/ANC_Map.pdf

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks for the map Susan. I called AKRR and asked them. You cannot board at the airport unless it's part of a private booking. I assume that the cruiselines do it that way. I'll either return the car to the airport and take a cab dowtown or find a rental company that has an office downtown.

Archived