Calvyn for cd!!!

Drew's Wife

We met the infamous Calvyn on our Legend cruise this past week....He is so funny and just so nice.:) I told him that I thought he would make a great CD and that we should get a petition going for Calvyn to be promoted to CD! He just seems like such a kind young man, and he has such a wonderful personality for this position. I've also posted this on John's Facebook page for people to like and John thought it was a good idea. Hope he gets a ship very soon.:)

what's his title now?

I'm not really sure, I think he was an assistant to John Heald. Not sure, but the way he talked it sounded like he was going to be off for a couple of months....

Usually the CD on a ship really doesn't make much difference to me, but I would love to sail on a ship with Calvyn as CD.

Cruised solo on the magic inaugural and was very uncomfortable the first day. Calvin rescued me and made me get involved and really made my cruise. He definitely knows how to watch the crowd and take care of things. I would really love to cruise with him again.

Edited by papillon cruiser

Calvyn is senior assistant to john,previous senior assistants like Craig johnson ,wind up getting fill in cd positions.I have never personally cruised on the same ship w/Calvyn nor John ,but have seen some videos and he is a very witty ,funny guy.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Yep, he seems to fill in when C.D.'s are off the ship, or between "full time" C.D. assignments. I've sailed with him once, and frankly, didn't "click" with him. Guess I'm missing something???:confused: I'd put him "one step" above Malcolm Burn. :eek:

"SKY"

We sailed with Calvin as CD on the Imagination. Thankfully it was only a two day cruise.

He sc****d up muster. Naming the wrong ship and other vastly more important things. Seemed to think it was 'funny'. Was very happy we didn't have an emergency onboard, had absolutely no faith in him as 'the voice of the ship'. Thankfully there was a full ship wide muster drill practice in Ensenada. He seemed to have done a decent job during that.